News   Aug 30, 2024
 606     0 

S.com info

" I've been reluctant to add heights from planning reports"

Completely understand.

I was just there yesterday:
www.emporis.com/en/il/pc/...=2004&mt=2
I added all these pics to Equinox 1...
I assume the top-right pic is the crane at Equinox 2?

We can't classify a building as "under construction" until work begins on the foundation though.
Hard to tell from my shots if that has begun yet,
should have taken a closer look...

Well, I don't make the rules...

But its not unheard-of for a crane to go up in a pit, only to come back down again when the money runs out, or whatever

If finances were the issue then the crane definitely wouldn't be erected. The crane represents the beginning of a new phase full of new contracts.

here's an example of bending the rules.

12 storeys or 35m eh?

Interesting. I've never worked my way to the end of the NY list - that's a lot of buildings that ought not be listed as highrises. In Toronto we have only a few things that I would consider iffy or subject to intrepretation, and lots of 11 storeys that would likely be tall enough to qualify, if we had measurements.

Re: equinox 2

I can see 11 storey buildings being 35m but the 8 storey buildings seem questionable. If these buildings really had 4.3m or 14ft per floor then wouldn't they be impressive as buildings and have pictures?

Re: 8 = 35

Enviro, Under S.Com rules it must have an exact height along with an official source for that height if it's under 12-storeys.

Re: 8 = 35

Residence of Beauclaire in Vaughan has been finished for a while and is only 10 storeys

38 Hillcrest in Brampton won't be built

Back