News   Jul 25, 2024
 551     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 607     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 476     0 

Ruby Dhalla: She can't get a break can she???

lordmandeep

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
Lol, whats with her she cannot escape any controversy.

First she got some kids beat up in India over a stolen Bug.
Then some crazy guy was giving her death threats.
Another time an Indian Man broke into her house (unreported story but true) and scare the crap out of her family
The elections in her riding are something you see out of India. People getting free alchol, signs being ripped off and all that...

She has some movie she tried to ban and its awful!!!

She always around with 2 security guards. I have seen Dalton walk around with only one!!!

Now with this
http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/Article/629718

-she has been accused of abusing her Nanny and having hired illegal ones as well.

Wow, I think she is perhaps the only Liberal that will be in danger of losing her seat in the next election.

Maybe, I should take her spot. I live right beside her riding.

Interesting turn of events. She's certainly had an impressive rise and seems quite ambitious, though it looks like the party decided to take advantage of a good thing as well and helped her along. Her real job doesn't impress me, but she's appears to be a smart cookie otherwise. This kind of trouble is traditionally WASP territory so it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Being an ethnic minority doesn't mean you can't engage in exploitative activities - personally, I think she should just quit.

AoD

^ that is of course assuming she's guilty. As of now, they're only allegations.

This is something I've notices throughout this controversy: what happened to the presumption of innocence?

The nannies are working for family members, not her right? If that's the case is it fair to hold her responsible?

It was a very awkward news conference with a combative lawyer sparring with the media while Dhalla looked on and said nothing after her initial prepared statement except a rehash of it at the end. She wanted to respond to the reporters' questions but her lawyer prudently prevented her.

Last edited:
The Star is sensationalizing it all a bit. The other day they had an article about a 3rd nanny complaining that when she worked for the Dhallas she couldn't grab food from the family fridge whenever she wanted to and wasn't allowed to eat dinner with the family. Hardly illegal or even strange requests for live-in help. As for the claims of working overtime and all that, that's all unsubstantiated as of now, and hard to say. Innocent until proven guilty is how it works in Canada.

If these allegations WERE found to be true, the real problem is the keeping of passports and paying sub-standard wages, and if Ruby were personally involved, then yes that's a big problem for her. All the other stuff really is superfluous and just means that the family is made of jerks, but hey lots of jerks are in politics.

really this is a classic example of when you try to rise to top and don't make friends and make only enemies. Ruby thinks she is so great walking around like she is a celebrity thinking she should have everything.

When you are like that People then try to bring you back down or stab you in the back... like Caesar

To truly get power and keep it you have to limit your enemies and make as many people as possibile like you, like Augustus.

The reason I mention those Roman leaders, because they are perfect examples of politics. Actually this applies to Harper as well.

Navdeep Bains started with controversy but know is a widely respected MP in the Indian community due to him being a much more nicer and down to earth guy. I have seen him, he gets a ton of support from the poor and immigrants and then also gets the rich white vote as well.

Ruby Dhalla, not really...

yeah trust me she is very close to her family, especially her mother and her Brother. She is single by the way...

If anything was going on, she would have known and thus she is responsible.

Lol, my uncle has an Indian video store and he says sales of the Ruby Dhalla have exploded, its his best selling film now... :D

It's too bad....it was nice to have at least a few sexy women in politics....there's one less now....or at least here on in we'll probably hear a lot less about her.

Back