News   Apr 24, 2024
 607     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 829     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 546     0 

Room sizes vs. number of rooms?

do you know if the walls for all interior 'storage' units are structural or just studs and drywall?

if just studs and drywall, you could eliminate them to enlarge the bedroom area to approx 20' x 11'6" which could be split to two separate rooms, each with small window.

if structural, then you're out of luck b/c i can't see how one could divide the space any more.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Hey CDR and Jaybee, I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, or fortunately the storage is structural, that is where the stairs leading to the upper units go. So it does take some of the usable "floor space" of 753 square feet away. However, I'm still impressed by the size of the bedroom, many one bedroom units nowadays have much smaller "master bedrooms". On the plus side I supposed, there is a LOT of storage space.

Do you think there is anyway of subdividing the living room and dining room using sliding doors, dividing it at the junction of the entrance and living room window and midway between the kitchen and window? I know that leaves very little space and lighting for the living room. That's the only way I can see having a room with a window. Alternatively I could create a den next to the kitchen with a divider and that would leave the living room with a window. It would cost less and I could say 1BR + den in my ad.

Hey CDR and Jaybee, I was thinking the same thing. Unfortunately, or fortunately the storage is structural, that is where the stairs leading to the upper units go. So it does take some of the usable "floor space" of 753 square feet away. However, I'm still impressed by the size of the bedroom, many one bedroom units nowadays have much smaller "master bedrooms". On the plus side I supposed, there is a LOT of storage space.

Do you think there is anyway of subdividing the living room and dining room using sliding doors, dividing it at the junction of the entrance and living room window and midway between the kitchen and window? I know that leaves very little space and lighting for the living room. That's the only way I can see having a room with a window. Alternatively I could create a den next to the kitchen with a divider and that would leave the living room with a window. It would cost less and I could say 1BR + den in my ad.

no, don't do it ...
you could say 1b+d but once someone comes out to look at it, it won't be very functional /friendly space and that could deter a potential tenant.

no, don't do it ...
you could say 1b+d but once someone comes out to look at it, it won't be very functional /friendly space and that could deter a potential tenant.

Gotcha CDR, it would look kinda strange. In some ways I really like the layout, as the living area and kitchen is separated from the bedroom, gives it a bit more privacy. I willl need to do some research into how much a "large" 1 bedroom can go for in the area. It doesn't have parking or amenities so I'll probably not be able to get that much more thna 1300 my guess, if that much. The good thing is that there aren't that many townhouses in the development so it should be unique from the many condos in the area.

Back