News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

So Mayor Miller created an atmosphere which allowed bigotry to increase exponentially, and therefore, since apparently only bigots support Ford, Miller is responsible for Ford leading the polls.

See what happens when people make blanket statements?

Like Rossi said last night... Rob Ford is the political baby of the Miller/Pantalone administration. You want a Legacy? Miller brings out the worst in the people of Toronto. How's that for a legacy?

ford simply said he wants to delay immigration and/or refugees entering toronto,so that toronto can concentrate on it's own issues to better support immigration/refugees in future. I don't see how that's racist .

he said he wants to cut/reduce aids funding..he didn't say he hated gays. He is making the point that hiv is a preventable disease and it's upto the individual to prevent transmission. He is simply saying that gay people need to do this with less funding. Doesn't mean he hates gays.

but, as soon as he speaks his mind, he's racist, he's homophobic etc..

fact is most people feel this way,he's just saying it.

Drone,

The fact you just labelled AIDS a gay disease says it all really.

Oh and I've never heard the word "delay" in regards to his point of view in regards to immigration. Just none full stop. Good luck for that one, buddy.

So he wants to stop immigrants, but isn't a racist.

He uses ethnic stereotyping but he isn't a racist.

He thinks AIDS is a gay disease, and therefore doesn't need prevention funding, but he isn't a homophobic bigot.

He is arrested for beating his wife, but she drops the charges, and isn't a wife-beater.

He's arrested and charged for drug possession and then lies about it a couple of months ago - but it's okay, because of being convicted of drunk driving

He's convicted of drunk driving, and was thrown out of the ACC for drunken abusive behaviour, but he's not an alcoholic.

He's caught screaming abuse at children, and banned from coaching in the public school system, but it's okay because he can coach in the Catholic system, where I guess they aren't worried about abuse.

His attendance record at council committee and Etobicoke council meetings is one of the worst going, but it's okay because he has attended most city council meetings ... even if he doesn't understand what's going on.

He was caught, disciplined, and had to refund the City for the use of city resources to run his private foundation - but it's okay because he's really trustworthy, and it was for a good cause.

He can collect a full salary while moonlighting at a good salary with the family company, but he thinks councillors are overpaid.

I fail to see how anyone can vote for someone with such poor ethics. It's absolutely mind boggling. Has everyone lost their senses? Everyone can see he doesn't have the experience, skill, ethics, or sobrietry to run the city; and that's before we even get to the bizarre policy stuff.

AIDS is in MAJORITY a gay disease, at least in Canada.

He's simply speaking the truth (this is coming from a gay person). People should just take better care of themselves and when having a drunk romp at a gay club, TRY to remember to wrap it. It's your fault if you get it.

Drone,

The fact you just labelled AIDS a gay disease says it all really.

Oh and I've never heard the word "delay" in regards to his point of view in regards to immigration. Just none full stop. Good luck for that one, buddy.

I didn't say it was a "gay disease" re-read my post

hiv/aids in north america is mostly IV drug users and homosexual men.that's a fact
if stating a fact makes me homophobic, I don't know what to say

in africa it's not endemic to homosexuals,it's spread mostly through straight unprotected sex,and through improperly sterilized equipment

Last edited:
So he wants to stop immigrants, but isn't a racist.

He uses ethnic stereotyping but he isn't a racist.

He thinks AIDS is a gay disease, and therefore doesn't need prevention funding, but he isn't a homophobic bigot.

He is arrested for beating his wife, but she drops the charges, and isn't a wife-beater.

He's arrested and charged for drug possession and then lies about it a couple of months ago - but it's okay, because of being convicted of drunk driving

He's convicted of drunk driving, and was thrown out of the ACC for drunken abusive behaviour, but he's not an alcoholic.

He's caught screaming abuse at children, and banned from coaching in the public school system, but it's okay because he can coach in the Catholic system, where I guess they aren't worried about abuse.

His attendance record at council committee and Etobicoke council meetings is one of the worst going, but it's okay because he has attended most city council meetings ... even if he doesn't understand what's going on.

He was caught, disciplined, and had to refund the City for the use of city resources to run his private foundation - but it's okay because he's really trustworthy, and it was for a good cause.

He can collect a full salary while moonlighting at a good salary with the family company, but he thinks councillors are overpaid.

I fail to see how anyone can vote for someone with such poor ethics. It's absolutely mind boggling. Has everyone lost their senses? Everyone can see he doesn't have the experience, skill, ethics, or sobrietry to run the city; and that's before we even get to the bizarre policy stuff.

you are using "buzz" words to discredit someone.plain and simple

ford simply said he wants to delay immigration and/or refugees entering toronto,so that toronto can concentrate on it's own issues to better support immigration/refugees in future. I don't see how that's racist.

drone, surely you were aware that he conspiciously made that comment just 1-3 days after the Tamil refugee ship arrived in Vancouver and the whole country went going ape-shit over it.

Surely, you do not think that it was a mere coincidence?

Let's call a spade a spade (that's what you're into right?) - he said it at that time to capitalize on the anti-immigrant/anti-refugee sentiment and to bring those people into his "camp". How can you disagree?

I don't disagree, he totally capitalized on that and MANY other things,for sure
but,to capitalize on that,there has to be many people feeling that

I'm frustrated that people think that HE is causing people to feel a certain way about issues,when really, he's just feeding into what many people are thinking and feeling,fact is he's able to do that cuz people agree with him

drone, surely you were aware that he conspiciously made that comment just 1-3 days after the Tamil refugee ship arrived in Vancouver and the whole country went going ape-shit over it.

Surely, you do not think that it was a mere coincidence?

Let's call a spade a spade (that's what you're into right?) - he said it at that time to capitalize on the anti-immigrant/anti-refugee sentiment and to bring those people into his "camp". How can you disagree?

Of course it's not a coincidence. He was referring to the refugees. That's the point. Anti-refugee does not equal anti-immigrant. In fact, most immigrants are anti-refugee. It has nothing to do with race but everything to do with fairness and money.

And I think was George Smitherman who brought it up first and I'd say it was him who tried to use the refugees as pawns first. And let's be honest, how much the outrage was really about the refugees and how much was for political gains?

I'm frustrated that people think that HE is causing people to feel a certain way about issues,when really, he's just feeding into what many people are thinking and feeling,fact is he's able to do that cuz people agree with him

The fact about Rob Ford is that the guy actually believes what he's saying. On the other hand, he happens to be an ignorant buffoon. And I don't mean that in a small, petty, or mean way. That's just simply what he is. He doesn't like to understand issues, he's not a fan of things that are different, and he just shoots from the hip, or -- as his supporters say -- keeping it real. Real dumb.

He's a simpleton man-child with a sense of accomplishment...but he has managed to tap into a lot of voter anger.

But voting out of anger is not voting in the city's best interest.

That's the message that everyone should communicate, day after day, until October 25th.

I somehwat agree with you

again,heseems to be striking a chord with so many people. If he is, people must see things from his point of view, I don't think he's changing people's views and they are siding with him after he speaks

he is seemingly appealing to a very large part of toronto whom are of the same opinion as him.then that's something that can't be ignore

the sentiment is already there,if it's the majority of people that feel that way,well....their views should rule.

Back