News   Apr 19, 2024
 528     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 608     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway

Ooh yes, I remember when that happened near us. But it didn't go on nearly as long as this work is planned for.

Ahhhhh!!!! the poor sleepless people who chose to live by highways and rail corridors. When do they want the work to take place as well the decade to do it when it can be done in a short time frame doing 7/24 work?????

Most people prefer to see things fall apart than having it rebuilt while they are still alive. Let the next generation deal with the problem as we want to sleep at night like the country side does with no noise at all. Other want to get to XY as fast as they can and not willing to deal with construction at all.

Then the whole thing should have been torn down in the first place.

Ahhhhh!!!! the poor sleepless people who chose to live by highways and rail corridors. When do they want the work to take place as well the decade to do it when it can be done in a short time frame doing 7/24 work?????

Most people prefer to see things fall apart than having it rebuilt while they are still alive. Let the next generation deal with the problem as we want to sleep at night like the country side does with no noise at all. Other want to get to XY as fast as they can and not willing to deal with construction at all.

Then the whole thing should have been torn down in the first place.

I’d like to see you deal with this kind of noise every night for two years. I’d like to see you work, spend time with family and friends, when your mind and body are slowly falling apart from lack of sleep. Obviously you have no empathy for other human beings.

I’d like to see you deal with this kind of noise every night for two years. I’d like to see you work, spend time with family and friends, when your mind and body are slowly falling apart from lack of sleep. Obviously you have no empathy for other human beings.
It's your choice to live there or not, knowing full well this needs rebuilding since it was nearing its end of life. Then, cars folks are more important that Billions are spent to save a few minutes then invest in transit or pedestrians. I have empathy for other human beings as a whole, not for a few who think they are more important than the rest.

If I choice to live there, then I would have to deal what comes my way. I would push harder to remove that ugly mess of a roads system than I do today as its so yesterday.

It's your choice to live there or not, knowing full well this needs rebuilding since it was nearing its end of life. Then, cars folks are more important that Billions are spent to save a few minutes then invest in transit or pedestrians. I have empathy for other human beings as a whole, not for a few who think they are more important than the rest.

If I choice to live there, then I would have to deal what comes my way. I would push harder to remove that ugly mess of a roads system than I do today as its so yesterday.

Excuse me? People have been living near to the Gardiner for DECADES and now are expected to just pick up and move because inconsiderate people like you demand it? How could anyone anticipate decades ago that the Gardiner would undergo construction like this, and anticipate it would be this disruptive? That’s rich.

Not only that, but it looks like unsympathetic people like you need to be educated that it isn’t trivial for people to pick up and move so easily. How insulting.

Last edited:
Excuse me? People have been living near to the Gardiner for DECADES and now are expected to just pick up and move because inconsiderate people like you demand it? How could anyone anticipate decades ago that the Gardiner would undergo construction like this, and anticipate it would be this disruptive? That’s rich.

Not only that, but it looks like unsympathetic people like you need to be educated that it isn’t trivial for people to pick up and move so easily. How insulting.

It is such a pathetic but typical UrbanToronto response by people who don't have to put up with it themselves. Everytime there's a large construction project and someone makes a complaint, people like @drum118 and others come out to smear them for it, regardless of the actual merits of the arguments. How anyone seriously thinks it's appropriate that the city is literally violating their own noise bylaws by working till 5am with jackhammers and drills for weeks at a time, is beyond me.

How could anyone anticipate decades ago that the Gardiner would undergo construction like this, and anticipate it would be this disruptive?
You'd have to have your head in the sand to not know that it would have required rehabilitation in the near future, and that construction isn't quiet.
But then again, people moved in next to an airport and complain incessantly about that too.

I don't think it would have been an entirely unreasonable expectation by people living in the area that rehabilitation of the highway wouldn't be happening 24/7. Nor do I think there was a general expectation that the city would exempt itself from its own noise bylaws. I think most people would have expected work to happen in normal construction hours.

Back