News   Jul 25, 2024
 245     0 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 780     1 
News   Jul 24, 2024
 1.4K     1 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

so an extra 75 million on a 300 million project mostly to get work done 24/7.
Thats 25% budget increase. At least its coming from the province
Which allows completion a year early
That only seems to discuss the first stage though, that's to be finished in 2027. While it will be back to three lanes than at Strachan, the next segment and the new ramp to the DVD and the Don Roadway won't finished until 2030. Are they going to accelerate that too, or just shut down for longer.

If they really wanted to accelerate they'd start that work now, instead of only doing one section at a time.

That only seems to discuss the first stage though, that's to be finished in 2027. While it will be back to three lanes than at Strachan, the next segment and the new ramp to the DVD and the Don Roadway won't finished until 2030. Are they going to accelerate that too, or just shut down for longer.

If they really wanted to accelerate they'd start that work now, instead of only doing one section at a time.

Nevermind that, the tricky part is going to be from Fort York to York St.

AoD

The province needs to fund higher, alternative GO service in order to ratchet back on the gridlock.

LSW needs to go to 15 minute all-day service every day, and they need to squeeze in another couple of peak period trains too.

Milton needs to be maxed out based on current infra. which would be about 3 more trains each way, and K-W needs to be pushed to its limits, particularly in the Union-Bramalea segment.

To tackle the central/eastern segments, they likewise need to get to 15 minute service, all-day, every day on the LSE and bring back express services......

Which yes, again, I'm going to point out the mess here was caused by failing to insist on burying the Ontario Line through Leslieville.

Likewise, they need to get Stouffville off-peak up to 30M 2-way, all-day.

You can't just accelerate work when that work is still going to be measured in terms of six or more years total. You need alternatives.

From the news release:

Additional measures also being supported through this funding agreement to improve traffic flow include modification of the Jameson to West Bound Gardiner on-ramp, opening a left-turn lane at Spadina Avenue from Lake Shore East Boulevard and relaxing noise restrictions and overnight lane closures.

I'm pretty curious to see the details of these modifications.

I'm pretty curious to see the details of these modifications.
Northbound Spadina at Lakeshore is only two lanes, both of which are spoken for by the off-ramp. Therefore, without some kind of major construction project, opening a left turn lane likely means this gate:
1721835312653.png

Brad Bradford is such a tool blaming Chow for this, knowing full well it was all planned out under Tory's tenure
I really don't know who he thinks he's fooling. He literally voted in support of the current scheme and timing. Chow wasn't anywhere near government at the time, and has spoken out about it since, and tried to change it.

Someone needs to tell him the mayoral election is over, and that Chow beat him very badly (finishing 8th about 36% behind Chow, just ahead of Chris Sky).

It feels like he is running for MPP, not trying to be a councillor; though I don't know where he'll find to run; I can't see him having a chance in his own riding (where he finished 6th for Mayor in 2023 - but over 38% behind Chow - even 10th-placed finisher Peruzza finished 4th in his own ward, 5 votes out of 3rd and only 17% behind Chow).

Last edited:
I really don't know who he thinks he's fooling. He literally voted in support of the current scheme and timing. Chow wasn't anywhere near government at the time, and has spoken out about it since, and tried to change it.

Someone needs to tell him the mayoral election is over, and that Chow beat him very badly (finishing 8th about 36% behind Chow, just ahead of Chris Sky).

It feels like he is running for MPP, not trying to be a councillor; though I don't know where he'll find to run; I can't see him having a chance in his own riding (where he finished 6th in 2023 - but over 38% behind Chow - even 10th-xplaced finisher Peruzza finished 4th in his own ward, 5 votes out of 3rd and only 17% behind Chow).
He's my local councillor. I'm pretty sure he's aiming to run for mayor next time. I used to like him, but now he basically spouts populist garbage

Northbound Spadina at Lakeshore is only two lanes, both of which are spoken for by the off-ramp. Therefore, without some kind of major construction project, opening a left turn lane likely means this gate:
I was curious about that too - Spadina itself is a total mess atm so I am not sure where you are sending the traffic from Lakeshore E. next once it is on Spadina...

He's my local councillor. I'm pretty sure he's aiming to run for mayor next time. I used to like him, but now he basically spouts populist garbage

Has there ever been a great hope that crashed as badly as he did? He turned out to be more vacuous and opportunistic than even someone as optimistic as myself can imagine. But hey, I guess that speak to the demographic at the Beaches nowadays.

AoD

Reactions: PL1
I always figured he was a bit right-of-centre - and when he was first elected, I seemed to be in the minority, with everyone else telling me he was relatively progressive. But now ...

The only reason he beat Chris Sky, is that he picked up a 1,000 or so votes from his own ward. If you just look at the other 24 wards, Bradford finished BEHIND Sky!

He's simply not electable. If he was to run again in his ward (which would break his 2018 promise to only do two terms), I can't see that he'd win.

He turned out to be more vacuous and opportunistic than even someone as optimistic as myself can imagine. But hey, I guess that speak to the demographic at the Beaches nowadays.
Perhaps a few closer to the lake. But ward-wide, the vote was more pro-Chow than average, and decade after decade, the provincial and federal vote is far less Conservative than average.

What really blows my mind, is that with the 7-year closure of the off-ramp from the Gardiner to Lakeshore East, his ward is significantly impacted by the construction. And yet he has done absolutely nothing about trying to accelerate the reconstruction of that particular ramp - and seems more concerned about Etobicoke.

Back