News   Sep 16, 2024
 624     0 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Sep 16, 2024
 641     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

I would absolutely support tolling highways, but I worry that if by doing so without supplementing transit say bus or rail, that those forms of transportation will have issues coping with the influx of new passengers daily. We could also suggest having people carpool, but everyone hates everyone, or hates the idea of carpooling if someone doesn't show up on time, or something else happens.

If however, they toll it, and there's significant traffic, then you've got cash flow to fix much of the highway, which is great to think about.

It would be quite the undertaking if they double decked the gardiner, but as I said in my previous post re: work on the 410, it feels like they're just adding more lanes, but vertically, without doing anything to help maybe cut down on traffic going in or out of the city every day at 3:30PM. Then again, I don't know what they could do that would reasonably alleviate it. It feels like they'd need a conductor leading a symphony in order to direct traffic rather than the reliance of traffic signals telling everyone what to do.
I don't know why people keep bringing up tolls? Might as well bring up flying cars as nobody politically will touch it.

We also do have special constables directing traffic and trying to manage the flow of turning cars, pedestrians and vehicles going straight (lakeshore to gardiner)

Back