News   Jul 10, 2024
 1.8K     1 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 621     0 
News   Jul 10, 2024
 941     0 

Roads: Gardiner Expressway catch-all, incl. Hybrid Design (2015-onwards)

And on that note of things speeding up, they have installed the first section of road deck today. I was surprised to even see them working with the weather forecast today!

DJI_20240710105354_0712_D.jpg
DJI_20240710105354_0712_D-2.jpg

Can someone give me or link me a summary of what's happening in this project. Is it just maintenance of the structures that support the highway? Are they reducing/increasing or replacing the structure in sections? Is the goal to increase/reduce the capacity of the Gardiner or just to rebuild the same structure that was in dire need of repair?

I've seen photos at different sections of the Gardiner which all suggest different things.

Can someone give me or link me a summary of what's happening in this project. Is it just maintenance of the structures that support the highway? Are they reducing/increasing or replacing the structure in sections? Is the goal to increase/reduce the capacity of the Gardiner or just to rebuild the same structure that was in dire need of repair?

I've seen photos at different sections of the Gardiner which all suggest different things.

They are replacing what is there with no increase or reduction of capacity. Presumably this time it will be more salt tolerant, IIRC the original was built when we either didn't salt in the winter or just used a lot less than now.

Think of it as a 4-stage complete rebuild of the gardiner, its not an expansion, nor is it a rehabilitation, its a complete rebuild.

Back