News   Apr 19, 2024
 90     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 459     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 795     3 

Riverdale

I've been watching the progress of Aegyptus. It's looking great. But I am not so sure it will be strictly Egyptian. This is pure speculation but, based on Mediterranean history and Greek mythology, the name suggests some sort of Greek/Middle Eastern cuisine with perhaps gusts to Italian (although I wouldn't bet on the latter.) Personally, I would love to see a great Middle Eastern restaurant, Lebanese in particular. (Apologies to Shwarma Boys on Pape and Ali Baba on Danforth.)

I've been watching the progress of Aegyptus. It's looking great. But I am not so sure it will be strictly Egyptian. This is pure speculation but, based on Mediterranean history and Greek mythology, the name suggests some sort of Greek/Middle Eastern cuisine with perhaps gusts to Italian (although I wouldn't bet on the latter.) Personally, I would love to see a great Middle Eastern restaurant, Lebanese in particular. (Apologies to Shwarma Boys on Pape and Ali Baba on Danforth.)

Aegyptus is how you say Egyptian in Greek, most likely the owners are Greeks who are from Egypt. I’d expect a mixed menu of Egyptian with the standard Danforth Greek fare.

Back