News   Apr 16, 2024
 317     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 375     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 732     0 

Riverdale

To be honest it all went downhill not long after the shooting. The closures of Cafe Frappe, the Greek nightclub (Fantasia) and Logo Bar in 2019 was the beginning of the end as those 3 places would bring a lot of the young Greek crowd to Danforth/Logan. Then Covid accelarated everything. The 2 Asterias are gone, Hunters is gone and another gyro joint closed cant remember the name. When did Atlantis close? That must be recent.

The Greek scene is gradually shifting to the Pape area now. Real shame i remember even 10 years ago going back to 2014 the Danforth was still a visually impressive Greektown.

According to Google, Atlantis is permanently closed. I forgot about Hunters! Also a victim of the Ontario Line construction. It was one of the last places where you could get a cheap breakfast on the Danforth. Another greasy spoon, Motorama at Jones, also closed around 2021.

According to Google, Atlantis is permanently closed. I forgot about Hunters! Also a victim of the Ontario Line construction. It was one of the last places where you could get a cheap breakfast on the Danforth. Another greasy spoon, Motorama at Jones, also closed around 2021.

Might have to do a drive by but at a guess i'd say maybe a dozen Greek food places remain on the strip now. Half of which are at Danforth/logan. I honestly cant remember the last time i knew of a Greek restaurant opening there, certainly nothing in the last 5 years.

Pape now has a better mix of Greek food and casual Greek cafes and since most Greeks live north of the Danforth its easy to see why its taken over.

I saw that 2 Matilda Street (Merchants of Green Coffee, Jam Factory) is boarded up. I looked on the city website but no applications. Anyone know what is going on?

IMG_7924.png

IMG_7920.jpeg

I saw that 2 Matilda Street (Merchants of Green Coffee, Jam Factory) is boarded up. I looked on the city website but no applications. Anyone know what is going on?

View attachment 545080
View attachment 545082

The building went into receivership at one point, it was subsequently sold; and all the tenants were booted back in 2021 as I recall.

I haven't heard anything since; did the space re-open at all in the interim?

No building permits for it.

Last edited:

Back