News   Apr 25, 2024
 136     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Its the southerly end of the HMV (what used to be HMV video game section).

Hopefully they open more Five Guys downtown...

The Five Guys website lists 329 Yonge Street (Yonge and Adelaide) as Coming Soon!

Just dawned on me that 329 Yonge St. couldn't possibly be Yonge/Adelaide (although the map on the Five Guys website puts the location there). 329 Yonge St. is more like Yonge and Dundas, as someone posted above.

Is this the end of the burger craze? They made great burgers. I must admit though, with so many options out there, that I haven't visited them since I lived in that area.

Not really 'new' news anymore, but Laide (at Jarvis & Adelaide) closed down mid-July.

Last edited:
If you've got a peanut allergy, avoid Five Guys. They use peanut oil.

Refined peanut oil doesn't contain peanut allergens, so it's actually safe for people with peanut allergies.

The peanuts at the front of the store are a different story.

Anyone know what's happened with the Wild Wings that was supposed to open on Baldwin? The sign came down days after it went up, and it looks like they're packing up what they can from inside the business. I assume money ran out, license was denied, or something, because it looked about 98% ready to open a month ago, and then nothing.

At least it's one less chain opening there. It's bad enough there's a Krispy Kreme on McCaul now.

Refined peanut oil doesn't contain peanut allergens, so it's actually safe for people with peanut allergies.

The peanuts at the front of the store are a different story.
MOST people with peanut allergies can eat peanut oil, not all. Better safe than sorry, especially when your life is at risk. I don't have a peanut allergy, but I know people who have it extremely severely and it is life-threatening.

This morning I noticed a Tilted Kilt restaurant going up next to the Olde Spaghetti Factory on the Esplanade. Was checking out their online menu, which features things like "Big Arse Burgers" and "Fat Bastard's Meatloaf Sandwich." And while I would have though the "Kilt" in the name hinted at a Scottish-style pub, they seem to lean more Irish, with Irish Stew and "Irish Nachos."

This morning I noticed a Tilted Kilt restaurant going up next to the Olde Spaghetti Factory on the Esplanade. Was checking out their online menu, which features things like "Big Arse Burgers" and "Fat Bastard's Meatloaf Sandwich." And while I would have though the "Kilt" in the name hinted at a Scottish-style pub, they seem to lean more Irish, with Irish Stew and "Irish Nachos."

The Titled Kilt is part of a US restaurant chain known for scantily clad waitresses in short kilts, a variant of the Hooters "breastaurant" phenomenon, aka "come for the girls, stay for the food." The scenery might be nice but I wouldn't go there expecting anything remotely authentic in terms of food or pub culture. This strip deserves better, in my opinion, but with the Keg next door and a new Jack Astor's up on Front, I'm guessing the rents for large retail units in this area are now out of reach of independent restaurants.

Back