News   Apr 25, 2024
 115     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Restaurant Comings & Goings

Looks like the previously reported on new Harvey's on Eglinton just east of Yonge (in the old Lick's location) is actually going to be a Harvey's and Swiss Chalet.

Swiss Chalet returns to the neighbourhood after roughly a two year absence when the location further east on Eglinton (in-between Redpath and Brownlow) closed after almost 30 years.

Aroma Espresso Bar opening very soon at The Shops at Don Mills and later in the summer in Forest Hill Village (former Blockbuster site)

Here's an interesting one;

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Under Review

TORONTO ON M5G 1Z3

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 228423 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Jun 28, 2011

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to a portion of existing retail store for a new restaurant, less than 30 seats. To be located on the ground floor of Sears in the Eaton's Centre - "Dark Horse Cafe". See related building permit 11 179280 BLD.

^ They had an awesome beer selection, but I hated how crammed that place was - you could barely even turn around. That discouraged me from going there more than twice.

Yeah, great beer list, but severely cramped. I hope they do well in their new location, wherever it is.

Shoeless Joes at the Minto Gardens (Yonge and Sheppard) is closed...

Pity... It was up against the better established Smokey Joe's, Frog & Firkin and Boston Pizza. It didn't help that it was located behind a construction site. It probably would've done better once Hullmark is completed.

Wandering by the Eaton Centre yesterday, I noticed that Joey's is finally open. The place has large sliding window/doors to allow the place to be open air during good weather.

I'll say! A Dark Horse Cafe in Sears in the Toronto Eaton Centre?@#$ This seems cosmically wrong. I'm going to Tweet them.

That's bizarre. On the ground level - would it replace the Starbucks that's there? (Or is that on the level below?)

BlogTO reports today that China House on Eglinton West is closing (at least until they find a new space). Kind of upsetting, actually.

The bar/billiards named Rails & Ales on Danforth Ave just east of Pape have moved to a smaller location further east to 1106 Danforth Ave just before Greenwood Ave and is more of pub now but still has one pool table

Wandering by the Eaton Centre yesterday, I noticed that Joey's is finally open. The place has large sliding window/doors to allow the place to be open air during good weather.

Here (Winnipeg) there is a location where Joey's is on one end of a parking lot and Earl's on then other. Although they are competitors I feel Earl's is always superior. Any similar or dissenting opinions from Toronto?

Jeff

Back