News   Mar 28, 2024
 525     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 409     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 748     0 

Regent Park

Is it really that? We are seeing these kinds of shootings everywhere now. Scary.
I’ve lived nearby since the 1990s, and shootings were much more common before the Regent Park revitalization got under way and tenants left the area. Hopefully those wishing to follow a gangsta life will not be returning.

Last edited:
I’ve lived nearby in the 1990s, and shootings were much more common before the Regent Park revitalization got under way and tenants left the area. Hopefully those wishing to follow a gangsta life will not be returning.

I believe many moved over to Brampton and apparently Brampton's crime has gone up. I don't have actual numbers though. Just word of mouth.

I’ve lived nearby since the 1990s, and shootings were much more common before the Regent Park revitalization got under way and tenants left the area. Hopefully those wishing to follow a gangsta life will not be returning.

once the last remnant of Regent Park is torn down , we won't have much gang crime in that area. The video takes place in the older area (river and gerrard)

+1, Mike. This happened on the east side of River at Oak - not the part that's being redeveloped but the 60s apartment towers between River and the Don Valley.

+1, Mike. This happened on the east side of River at Oak - not the part that's being redeveloped but the 60s apartment towers between River and the Don Valley.
My feeling is that those two buildings on Oak are housing the last remnants of the area’s nasty demographic.

I wonder if we'll even consider those buildings to be Regent Park, once RP proper is built out.
IIRC, they're private, not TCHC. One has a big sign out front asking for new tenants and a phone number.

The hope for those buildings is RP's revitalization presenting a new business case to the otherwise slum lords, where they attract a higher paying tenant that's unlikely to have chavs.

The demolition of Phase 3b-2 (gerrard and parl) is moved back to fall 2018 instead of summer 2019 as mentioned in another thread. I wonder if the recent surge in gun crime played a role in this.

Back