358     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Regency Yorkville (Plazacorp/HiRise, 18s, Turner Fleischer) COMPLETE

B

buildup

I was looking at the pre-cast concrete cladding going up on the north side of this project, and I was pretty underwhelmed given the $1.8 million starting point per unit. Who is behind this project?

Complete hacks.

This will be quite the stinkeroo when finished, and will be the new dictionary definition of 'you can't buy taste'... in a dictionary of old saws. Whatevah.

I agree.

Avoid "good taste" like the plague, and go for good design instead.

I don't know how many will find this 'underwhelming'.... expectations haven't been very high right from the start with this project.... too bad given the location.

Regency Yorkville

The Regency

IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

It looks okay, but that's saying very little when it's just concrete and a few slabs of precast and marble.

The expanision of Yorkville continues. Our chi chi district is getting bigger and bigger. I can only imagine all the chi chi stores that will be in the base of this building where the starting price for a home was 1.5 million dollars.

The density and massing of this project are great - and that's it. From a strictly design perspective, this one would be more at home in Vegas or Vaughan. Yuck!

Back