News   Jul 15, 2024
 487     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 595     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2.1K     1 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

Good lord, are we also banned from using the terms 'east end' or 'west end' for fear of inadvertently referencing London?
You're right. From now on the theatre district will be Broadway, the ferry terminal will be the Yonge Street Seaport, and the ACC will be Air Canada Square Garden. :p

Okay seriously, "east end" and "west end" are used everywhere. They're generic. "Upper west side" and the like are specific areas in a specific city. And that city ain't Toronto. How about we come up with our own names?

I think the point is that Toronto already HAS names for its neighborhoods. And if we're going to coin new ones, let's not pilfer other cities for names like some two-bit condo developer.

"but seriously"... but seriously, lower west side is just descriptive of a geographical section of the city! how about the variant "southwest quadrant of the downtown core"???

"I think the point" is that somebody needs to pick up a camera and take some updated construction pics, so that we dont all get bored and have absurd off topic discussions.

"but seriously"... but seriously, lower west side is just descriptive of a geographical section of the city! how about the variant "southwest quadrant of the downtown core"???

"I think the point" is that somebody needs to pick up a camera and take some updated construction pics, so that we dont all get bored and have absurd off topic discussions.
Yeah it's just a geographical desription...and the Big Apple is just a piece of fruit!

He said "the density on that lower west side", not "the density in the lower west side". He was referring to a geographical location, not naming a neighbourhood.

Maybe we oughta take a cue from Quebec City and call the stuff north of Davenport "Upper Town", and the stuff south of Davenport "Lower Town"

Okay seriously, "east end" and "west end" are used everywhere. They're generic.

...'west end' is generic????

193341188_584547906b.jpg

Nope Tewder, you're right, that picture proves it: "West End" is city specific to Vancouver. (Where did those Coast Mountains go anyway?)

Nope Tewder, you're right, that picture proves it: "West End" is city specific to Vancouver. (Where did those Coast Mountains go anyway?)

LOL, my bad! ...I thought it was specific to Hamilton (or is that east end? in Hamilton I never can tell).

Jesus, people, "West End" is totally derivative of Sault Ste. Marie, which coined the term in the early 1900's. The city's magnificent cultural exports saw to it that the phrase was picked up around the world, in cities that could only wish to have their occidental ends bracketed with a steel plant half as magnificent as ours.

Back