News   Aug 23, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 532     0 

Queens Park Renovation

Update from the Star:

Guess spending 1B on beer is more important.

AoD

LOL, the project isn't nixed, though it is suffering delays, in part because of the much delayed MacDonald block project.

The project is simply being shifted from a free-standing Ministry to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Kinga Surma.

Interesting to note that they are looking for 500,000sf of office space. That is one very, very large lease.

Is that temporary ? I'm surprised they need that with the reno of the MacDonald block ?

No idea. I know the government is still toying with the idea of building themselves a new office block at the corner of Bay and Grosvenor, which is likely where they would want that space to eventually end up. My understanding is that right now provincial employees are mostly scattered across the wider downtown in various subleases. It's not exactly ideal. a medium-term 500,000sf lease would likely aim to consolidate a lot of these smaller offices into a temporary space which would also serve as a temporary legislature while Queens Park is renovated, with some of the users eventually returning to the Pink Palace post-renos and the lease eventually ending once Grosvenor is built.

Back