371     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 536     0 

Queen East is the new Queen West: MacFab moving

UserNameToronto

Member Bio
Reaction score
Corktown/Leslieville FTW.

Sarah Richardson Design was above Romni Wool on Queen West, and relocated to Queen & George a few years ago.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...all-income-producing-property/article1321374/

...Dale Sonier considered these questions after the rent on his downtown Toronto premises went up to $20,000 a month. He sells fabrics, feathers, sequins and fab finishings that add flair to sewing. Those with a hand on the needle flock to macFAB, a downtown emporium where everything is available.

Not only does the clientele include the amateur fashionista, Harry Rosen stocks up here too and it's a booming busy place.

But Mr. Sonier felt hemmed in by the high rent. That's why macFAB will be moving next January from Queen Street West to a spot he has purchased on Queen Street East - from one side of downtown Toronto to the other.

Mr. Sonier is delighted with the move and the opportunities it will offer.

"Buying the building will allow me to live and operate the business for about $4,000 a month," he says. "I was able to purchase two storefront properties for a total $915,000. We'll have 3,400 square feet of retail space. I will live upstairs and have my bookkeeping and office built at the back.

"I am so excited because I will be able to put money back into the business and enjoy a fantastic neighbourhood."

macfab_dale_soni_275341gm-a.jpg

Back