News   May 02, 2024
 208     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 274     0 

Queen and Bathurst intersection closed

ITcomputer

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've noticed that they've rerouted all the streetcars from Queen to King St W. What strikes me is the amount of streetcars on that stretch of King W (due to combination of King and Queen cars. It makes me wonder if that stretch should be a ROW and Queen should have no streetcars and limited bus service.

I've noticed that they've rerouted all the streetcars from Queen to King St W. What strikes me is the amount of streetcars on that stretch of King W (due to combination of King and Queen cars. It makes me wonder if that stretch should be a ROW and Queen should have no streetcars and limited bus service.

You need to add the 511 to this list.

It took 15 minutes to go from Spadina to Bathurst because of all the single drivers who where "NOT" to be in that lane in the first place.

Not enough room for ROW without removing on street parking and reduce the lane width. Even then, it will be tight.

right. forgot about the Bathurst car as well..

No wonder King St W was a sea of Red and White

Also, that reserved lane is always being used by drivers, I'm yet to see it enforced.

There was a blitz recently, and the Sun had an article quoting several cops saying that they don't want to enforce the lane.

Cops not wanting to enforce the lane is exactly why dedicated transit lanes are being built.

Couldn't solve the problem in a social manner so now we're expensively doing it with built form. Expensive compared to simply putting up signs and dedicating a an officer per 2km to watch and enforce.

The intersection of Spadina and King yesterday was a mad-house with all the streetcars turning there. There were times when there were two cars coming from different directions both trying to turn North, and both having to wait until the light turned red.

and now right now, to make matters worse, there's an accident blocking the northbound ROW at Spadina and Richmond, thus affecting three routes, instead of just one.

and now right now, to make matters worse, there's an accident blocking the northbound ROW at Spadina and Richmond, thus affecting three routes, instead of just one.

It's days like this that make me glad that I ride my Bike into work, thus avoiding the nightmare called the TTC. With the weather we are having lately, it may become a year round event.

My next purchase will be an ebike.

Attachments

• ttc.gif
    ttc.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 179
and sadly, that is the only possible short turn for Bathurst streetcars with a blockage at Spadina/Richmond -- there's no East-to-South turn at McCaul, and by the time you get to Victoria, might as well go to Church.

THe only logical short turn would have been Bathurst-Dundas-Spadina-College-Bathurst...

Did the 511 return to normal routing after 4pm today?

I was told the plan was to have the 511 back to normal routing today once TTC crews remove the plugs after 4 pm.

Talking to the contractor on Tuesday who said he was 4 days ahead of schedule, he was finished 100% come late Thursday or early Friday.

The only thing he had to do was put in a 1.4m platform to replace the 1.2m one on Wednesday. He just finish pouring the last section of concrete for Bathurst.

The only problem having 511 return normal routing after 4pm today was how was TTC going to tell riders this considering it was not to happen until Monday?

This becomes the first intersection to open not only on schedule, but ahead of schedule of all things for this year.

With the contractor catching TTC flat footed last week with Queen opening up on Friday night not the plan Monday, it looks like they were prepared this Friday.

I wondering how TTC plans to inform riders of the change as they are still riders looking for the 501 on Spadina a week after the change over?

The only thing to be done is the final paving and installing the light stand for the platform.

This becomes the first intersection to open not only on schedule, but ahead of schedule of all things for this year.

Not a surprise considering that when I was walking past that intersection last weekend at about 3:30 am, there was a crew on site working. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Not a surprise considering that when I was walking past that intersection last weekend at about 3:30 am, there was a crew on site working. I couldn't believe my eyes.

TTC crews are supposed to work 24hrs days to get the track work done so concrete can be pour.

In some cases, the contractor is doing 24hrs work to get things ready for TTC as well pouring the concrete.

I believed they added built in time for this project based on past performance to date.

TTC needs to review how their track crews work as there are do many chiefs and not a lot of workers from what I have seen so far.

Back