News   Mar 28, 2024
 999     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 556     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 848     0 

QEW Credit River Bridge threatened

Do drones have a time lapse mode? It would be neat if there were a way to send it to the same place, same camera angle, on multiple trips, to take a shot for later compilation into a video...
I know there is software which can be bought to fly waypoint missions. I generally try and fly the same spots and altitudes although not precisely and my video editing skills aren't that good. That's generally why I just upload a single short clip to my YouTube channel since I hardly have the time right now to learn advance editing. Hopefully when my daughter starts school I'll be able to dabble in it.

I know there is software which can be bought to fly waypoint missions. I generally try and fly the same spots and altitudes although not precisely and my video editing skills aren't that good. That's generally why I just upload a single short clip to my YouTube channel since I hardly have the time right now to learn advance editing. Hopefully when my daughter starts school I'll be able to dabble in it.
The way I look at videos is how far do you want to go in editing as well spending time doing it??

Bought a few software programs last year to deal with shacking for the videos when you can't use a tripod or on moving things.

Uploading a video to YouTube is better than nothing at all that may generate a few views or a lot, depending what being shot. Also, easy to find than digging through all your files. These days I use an number that correspondence with by photos as to year as well the month. I have a yearly spreadsheet that list the days as well the original numbers of what I shot that day and then renumber them to a yearly continue number series that will deal with things that get scrap or added by the way of panorama or a shot from the videos.

I have yet to get into other types of editing for video's due to time as well see no need for it other that trimming, speeding up the the timeline and making a number of videos into one.

Snice your shots are great, your videos will be the same without editing from my point of view. Keep in mind that someone is looking for drone flyers who are braking the various rules for flying that you could receive a notice of fail to comply to take down for x reason.

At one time I used to make money off my videos, but not today as I fail to hit the 4000 hour mark even though I have over 1200 followers. Then I don't shot many videos these days and most don't generate many viewing.

Good Points @drum118 . I mainly use YouTube as a sharing platform right now. Sounds like you've got a good system for tracking your projects as I sort of just wing it for now. I mainly just use folders to capture most places that I might photograph on more than one occasion.

Anyway, here is a video of the bridge from yesterday as well as a few photos:

1674423086469.jpeg

1674423103566.jpeg

1674423140293.jpeg

1674423152488.jpeg

1674423175798.jpeg

I always wondered what was going on behind the wall here on the south side:
1674423228073.jpeg

Good Points @drum118 . I mainly use YouTube as a sharing platform right now. Sounds like you've got a good system for tracking your projects as I sort of just wing it for now. I mainly just use folders to capture most places that I might photograph on more than one occasion.

Anyway, here is a video of the bridge from yesterday as well as a few photos:

View attachment 451856
View attachment 451857
View attachment 451858
View attachment 451859
View attachment 451861

View attachment 451862
How I did this in the beginning is opposite to what I do today. I even change my tagging method twice this year. All the photo/video info is in the description area and only use a few things for tags now. In the beginning, there was no software to do things like I do today.

Make sure your copyrights are noted in anything you do as someone will try to pass it off as theirs or illegally use it for company gains and promotions. Have a number of take down notices out there now as well invoices for illegally use of my photos without my permission.

When I have time, I go back and work on my 2005 year where everything is retag, number and fixed including the meta data since I will be passing things off to be archived with various cities and people once I go.

As noted, I have a page for each year that I have shot things and it falls apart doing a copy and paste from excel here. If I use different cameras on the same date, I add another line for it, but they stays in the same file # and follows numbering

Only shot 17767 photos and 88 videos in 2022. Still working on 2022 with 30 days of backlogged of photos still to do that maybe higher as finished number due to panorama and video shots even though my scrap numbers are up this year.
Photo Numbers Shot And Change For 2022
DatePhoto StartPhoto EndTotalScrapVideoFile NumberNew StartNew EndTotalScrapVideoScrap
01-01-2022133A9889133A9915
27​
22001​
22-59989121-616517
27​
01-04-2022133A9916133A9962
47​
22002​
21-61651821-616563
46​
1​
01-14-2022DSC02003DSC02116
115​
22003​
22-61656422-616687
119​

17767​
88​
15294​
245​
65​
9​

Last edited:

Thanks. I was just curious is all, sorry if it sounded like a request. I definitely appreciate all you do to document this stuff for us!

The way I look at videos is how far do you want to go in editing as well spending time doing it??

Agreed.

I shot a lot of footage of Waterloo Region's ION and had just started posting edited videos instead of single clips when the forced upgrade to Windows 10 happened. This sounds stupid, even to me, but losing Windows 7's Movie Maker software (cut from Windows 10) was the end of my uploading days. I researched options to get software capable enough to make my dream video without overspending, but the learning curve for what I chose was too steep. After months without an upload and still fumbling with the software, I lost my will and that was that, the end of my uploading days. The burden of editing is real...

Agreed.

I shot a lot of footage of Waterloo Region's ION and had just started posting edited videos instead of single clips when the forced upgrade to Windows 10 happened. This sounds stupid, even to me, but losing Windows 7's Movie Maker software (cut from Windows 10) was the end of my uploading days. I researched options to get software capable enough to make my dream video without overspending, but the learning curve for what I chose was too steep. After months without an upload and still fumbling with the software, I lost my will and that was that, the end of my uploading days. The burden of editing is real...
I have used a few free video editors for standard things, but to do other things you need to spent some $$. Some of the free ones will only allow x size or time for your video and if bigger, it $$.

Got Magic last year with a life time plan that included access to Mercalli 6.0 for stabilize as well for video and photographs work for $100. Got Movavi Video Suite 23 as well that does the conversion for video as well stabilize and photos for less than $100. Need to check the market from time to time for deals as well various times of the year like Black Friday, Christmas and beginning of school. Check the life time plan as some will not allow you to update over time or not a real life time plan.

A number of the editors are moving to a monthly fee and it adds up very quickly over time.

Need to look at the various editors to see the + and - for comparison between them as well meeting your needs.

Some ppl will say X is what you need well others will say h & k, but its your call at the end of the day.

How you save it is a big issues as some take 3 times amount of space that shot as, well others take less. This has a huge impact on uploading to YouTube as it could take hours to do so as well on your HD. Found out after why a few were taking so long to upload as well becoming live to not used those extension

Thanks. I was just curious is all, sorry if it sounded like a request. I definitely appreciate all you do to document this stuff for us!
No worries @KevinT . Requests are good. I'd like to figure out a way to do this. I've been playing around a little with the hyperlapse feature of the Mini3pro which was a recent addition to the fleet :)

Hey @drum118 I would be curious to know how you track unauthorized use of your images. I know it used to be a problem for Jasonzed and I am sure it is happening to my photos as well; I just don't know about it yet.

What started off as a hobby is now starting to generate a little revenue and I'd like to keep it going even though I haven't really pursued it. If you'd feel more comfortable taking it offline, you can certainly private message me.

Agreed.

This sounds so true! @KevinT I'd love to see your footage. Can you post your YouTube channel?

Hey @drum118 I would be curious to know how you track unauthorized use of your images. I know it used to be a problem for Jasonzed and I am sure it is happening to my photos as well; I just don't know about it yet.

What started off as a hobby is now starting to generate a little revenue and I'd like to keep it going even though I haven't really pursued it. If you'd feel more comfortable taking it offline, you can certainly private message me.
I don't know about videos, but https://my.pixsy.com/ looks after photos. There is a cost doing it and haven't check others out there at this time. I have over 260,000 up on Flickr and that doesn't includes over 60,000+ lost by Flickr over the years due to system failure as well lack of backup plan on their part. Got almost a whole year missing as well up to 5 of the same photos during re-installing of photos after a failure.

I am not in the market of making money on my photos, but have made some money over the years. Developers are not will to pay much for photo's as well others in the industry to say we design this, supply x to y and so on.. I have had a few transit systems wanting shots and not will to pay for them when they can walk their system and shoot what they want. Depending on what I shot and who is asking permission to use the shot, I will send them the full size of the photo at no cost or if they are willing to pay for it.

Easy to get a screen shot and say its yours when it's not.

It was just stuff shot on cellphones, but stringing some of it together with captions was fun. Movie Maker was the barest of bare bones software, but that made it dead easy to just start using, unlike Hitfilm Express.
Try https://filmora.wondershare.net/filmora-video-editor.html and not that bad as well VSDC Free Video Editor. This site gives you info on various free ones https://www.shopify.com/ca/blog/best-free-video-editing-software

View attachment 451862

That last pic is where the pedestrian overpass is going to be, I'm quite sure.

I feel this is a terrible option. Overpasses like that are always unfriendly, with those back-and-forth ramps that make you feel like you're not getting anywhere. I rather they had gone with the underpass under the new bridge beside the river. It may be the same or slightly greater distance to walk, but it would feel like a nice diversion and you get to see the river, not just run uphill laps on concrete for the privilege of hearing traffic noise and breathing in the fumes. Just pedestrians getting the shaft per usual, IMO.

Drove by the bridge today for the first time in a couple of weeks. Additional equipment has been installed on the bridge deck and crews were on the bridge deck and the equipment at work. My vantage point did not allow me to see hat was happening at the deck level, but there was not concrete trucks in evidence, so I would imagine continuing prep work leading up to deck installation.

Back