1.3K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 623     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 1K     2 

Projects in the T-Dot

G

ganjavih

Here are some photos I took of various projects around town during my two week stay in the Big Smoke. I've also including some random city pics at the end. Enjoy!

Metropolis

DSC04894.jpg

DSC04942.jpg

DSC04903.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

BA Centre

DSC04891.jpg

DSC04892.jpg

DSC04893.jpg

The new coloured LEDs on that office tower thingy on Yonge St.

DSC04889.jpg

CityPlace

DSC04999.jpg

DSC04998.jpg

The newly expanded BMV in the Annex

DSC04997.jpg

Mosaic Condo at Bloor and Spadina

DSC04996.jpg

ROM

DSC04995.jpg

DSC04993.jpg

DSC04937.jpg

DSC04928.jpg

DSC04931.jpg

155 Cumberland

DSC04991.jpg

Four Seasons Centre

DSC04987.jpg

Europa in Little Italy

DSC04985.jpg

One St. Thomas

DSC04939.jpg

Museum House on Bloor

DSC04936.jpg

One Bedford

DSC04935.jpg

The Hazelton

DSC04926.jpg

AGO

DSC04908.jpg

ROCP

DSC04907.jpg

DSC04901.jpg

DSC04896.jpg

DSC04897.jpg

DSC04898.jpg

Various TO pics

DSC04902.jpg

DSC04912.jpg

DSC04923.jpg

DSC04922.jpg

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04990.jpg

DSC04983.jpg

DSC04948.jpg

these are more colorful than a bag of skittles

thanks for the eye candy

Re: Thanks

Love the night shots. Thanks for these. It was nice to see you, as in, literally "see" rather than talking to you, but still...

Is the BMV Bookstore the former Hungarian Castle restaurant that had been boarded up for many many years? If it is, that's great to see. It was a real eye sore. Are those fake dormers on the 3rd floor?

These pictures are amazing, especially the night shots. Have you left Toronto, ganja?

Europa turned out to be nice, with a decent street presence.

Thanks for the pics - they are very well done.

DSC04889.jpg

I wonder if this could be a test for the James Turrell installation the tower will be getting?

Thanks for these pictures-...That first image you posted of Metropolis with Torch cutting into the image on the left side, almost feels as though the square is actually built-up-makes it look very canyon-like.

I love the LED's on the building on Yonge St.-looks great and adds some lighting effects we really don't see in this city. That said, looking at the CN Tower at night in your shot got me mad- why is this once world wonder relegated to being nothing more than a tall antenna. I am not suggesting that its actual purpose is more than that of a technical one, but honestly, this is an egineering wonder and an element which defines our fair city. It might as well be a smoke stack, because it receives about the same amount of lighting attention.

I have heard the argument about the birds and I take those into consideration, but LED's in the rings and up the tower or such, could do wonders to this magnificent structure and do not necessarily have to be big bright lights-!! Subtle rings in the donuts etc..But alas, this will not happen..

In the end it is ONLY the CN Tower, a gesture in greatness which put Toronto on the map, and has not been surpassed in either height or design for over 30 years.

p5

Thanks all for the comments. Arch, good to see you too... unfortunately, the long table format made it a bit tricky to see everyone. Plus, I was a bit distracted by the uncooked coconut shrimp I was served that night... gross. Alch, I've been in Montreal since July. Summer was great, winter sucked, but spring is around the corner...

I have heard the argument about the birds and I take those into consideration, but LED's in the rings and up the tower or such, could do wonders to this magnificent structure and do not necessarily have to be big bright lights-!! Subtle rings in the donuts etc..But alas, this will not happen..

In the end it is ONLY the CN Tower, a gesture in greatness which put Toronto on the map, and has not been surpassed in either height or design for over 30 years.

I agree. They really need to do some better lighting. The birds only migrate at certain times yet the tower remains unlit for the entire year.

CN Tower lighting...

^^Better lighting is a must and the minimum. LED's are quite advanced today and allow all sorts of possibilities in lighting designs-not to mention they are low-energy consumers, making them more efficient.

It is a shame though, that the CN Tower has been relegated to the dark, when it should be basking in the light...backwards thinking prevails...

p5

Back