News   May 14, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 591     0 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

A judge has just ordered the City of LosAngeles to house everyone on Skid Row by October 18th of this year.

He also ordered 1B placed in escrow for this purpose.

He additionally ordered: "Los Angeles county and city officials to identify land or properties by October that may be developed for 455,000 new units of housing, including 185,000 units for lower-income tenants."

Last sentence is quoted from:

Atlas Pro released this video about reforming state borders:

There is absolutely no doubt the state borders were drawn so haphazardly. Even worse, gerrymandering within the states makes everything very dysfunctional.

Fascinating study. I hate ridiculous borders that are nothing more than straight lines. In any case, aside from DC and Puerto Rico becoming states in the future, I really can't imagine that any of the existing state borders will change.

Atlas Pro released this video about reforming state borders:

There is absolutely no doubt the state borders were drawn so haphazardly. Even worse, gerrymandering within the states makes everything very dysfunctional.

Not so much haphazard as consistent with the geographic knowledge, surveying abilities, politics and demographics of the time. It's an interesting thought exercise, but given role of sovereign states, I don't see much changing since it would take a strong federal government to negotiate the reallocation of economic factors. Using any criteria of the 'present' - whenever that is - any decision will have a shelf life.

I doubt we have many provincial employees earning under $18.50.

Several U.S. Cities and States already have minimum wages of $15USD per hour or greater.

For all workers, not merely government staff or contractors.

NYC, L.A. as of July 1st this year; while SanFran is $15.25USD or $18.92 per hour and Seattle is $16.69USD which is $20.70 per hour.

The Biden example is merely the latest in a trend of higher US minimum wages; which in the majority of jurisdictions with costs comparable to the GTA are now well above ours.

Several U.S. Cities and States already have minimum wages of $15USD per hour or greater.

For all workers, not merely government staff or contractors.

NYC, L.A. as of July 1st this year; while SanFran is $15.25USD or $18.92 per hour and Seattle is $16.69USD which is $20.70 per hour.

The Biden example is merely the latest in a trend of higher US minimum wages; which in the majority of jurisdictions with costs comparable to the GTA are now well above ours.
My point is that Biden's move is mostly a token, and doesn't do much.

My point is that Biden's move is mostly a token, and doesn't do much.

There is truth in that; his level of commitment to raising the minimum wage will be seen in whether any bill to raise the statutory Federal minimum wage in the U.S. actually passes; and whether the raise included in said legislation is material.

is $15 even enough at this point though?
That's about US $30,000 a year, paying almost no income tax and often no state tax. A couple each making $30,000 a year can afford a home. With Obamacare they should be able to get affordable health insurance. Is $15 enough? IDK, but it's more than double what a lot of Americans make, so it's a start.

I'd say they're right to be afraid..... It does seem nutty that the richest people can pay almost no income tax.

America’s Ultra-Rich Fear Biden Will Close Their Favorite Tax Loopholes

Last edited:

Back