News   May 17, 2024
 2.7K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.8K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 11K     10 

President Joe Biden's United States of America

^ 2014 California Proposition 47 didn't work out well for them lol....

Shoplifting, where the value of property stolen does not exceed $950
just go inside the store make sure you don't go over $950 and your safe
its like that game show Supermarket Sweep
hahahaha...

i always wonder if police just ping their cell phone signals to find their locations after, I'm pretty sure most for the mob had their phones on them

Last edited:
^ 2014 California Proposition 47 didn't work out well for them lol....

Shoplifting, where the value of property stolen does not exceed $950
just go inside the store make sure you don't go over $950 and your safe
its like that game show Supermarket Sweep
hahahaha...

i always wonder if police just ping their cell phone signals to find their locations after, I'm pretty sure most for the mob had their phones on them

Umm, the link you provided, does not support the position that you've stated.

1) Prop 47 didn't decriminalize shoplifting, it shifted offenses from felony to misdemeanor ( a lower sentence category) for offenses involving less than $950 US and where the person has no previous criminal record.

As the above offense was 50 people, stealing 130k, a basic calculation shows average theft of $2,600USD which faces the same exact punishment and crime classification as it did prior to Prop. 47.

2) Prop 47 did not change any thresholds for crimes involving violence. As the two security guards here were pepper sprayed, this crime would be subject to felony charges, likely of armed robbery, but certainly assault charges. Because the attack was coordinated, every single participant could face felony charges in relation to the violence.

3) So far, academic studies looking at the impact of prop 47, note that California's slight uptick in shoplifting and car break-in offenses aligns with other states that have shown similar upticks in recent years but did not adopt similar measures.

Note that these offense (shop lifting, porch piracy, bike theft and auto break-in are also up significantly in Canada, where we did not adopt broadly comparable changes)

yes technically you are right , but it gives these poorly organized criminals the idea that the crime is low risk to them, it's gonna be hard to prove in court which 1 of 50 persons in the mob went over the $950 limit lol..

Last edited:
yes technically you are right , but it gives these poorly organized criminals the idea that the crime is low risk to them, it's gonna be hard to prove in court which 1 of 50 persons in the mob went over the $950 limit lol..

Everyone involved in that crime, if it was coordinated, went over the $950 limit, because it becomes a joint and several liability-linked crime.

In other words, each person jointly participated in a common criminal act to steal $130,000 of stuff.

They are co-conspirators in a common crime; as such the $950 would not apply.

Also, since the crime involved violence, it is not shoplifting any longer, its now robbery, to which the limit never applied.

At least, I expect that's the argument you'll hear from U.S. prosecutors here.

Regardless, I think you're under the impression there are no penalties for misdemeanor shoplifting in California; in fact, there's a maximum of six months in jail and a $10,000 fine.

On top of that, you can be held civilly liable to make restitution under California law.

Oh, and if any of those participating have a criminal record, the $950 does not apply and they go straight to a felony charge.

Meanwhile in LA

I think despite whatever rosy jobs and GDP statistics are being pumped out, this is a society and establishment in clear crisis.

FsjYIzJXgAMHQbW

FsjYJwBWIAIDg90

Last edited:
American politicians should just go home and enjoy retirement like normal people do. Doesn't matter if they are on the Left or Right. It's sad to watch someone suffering from mental decline.

Mitch McConnell froze again in front of the press.

I'll bring that top one forward for everyone:

1693429819741.png

I don't know about disqualifying everyone over 80 from office; but I have to say, McConnell really does not look well, he looks frail, and like he's lost a considerable amount of weight.

There certainly does seem to be a clinging to power going on w/him and few others that I find a bit mind boggling.

Last edited:
I find it very odd myself that some people who are that freaking ancient are somehow still willing to deal with the rigours and stresses of public office instead of privately enjoying the fruits of their labours. It's sick really.

View attachment 503326

I don't know about disqualifying everyone over 80 from office; but I have to say, McConnell really does not look well, he looks frail, and like he's lost a considerable amount of weight.

There certainly does seem to be a clinging to power going on w/him and few others that I find a bit mind boggling.

Weird mentioning John Fetterman in the same vein given his is not even 60.

AoD

Here we go again...........

The Republicans in the U.S. House have opened an Impeachment investigation into President Biden.

If they move forward, its questionable whether they can get it through the House, which they control by a mere 10 votes; but it goes nowhere in a Democratic Senate.

There is presumably some thought that if the Impeachment gets through the House it may favourably impact the 2024 election for the Reps.

If it ends up being Biden v Trump, part 2; it will be a Twice impeached former president vs a once impeached (by the House) sitting president.

Surely the would-be leaders of the free world could be just a bit more adult................

California's fast food workers will get a boost in minimum pay to $20USD per hour in April 2024:

Another story from CNBC

The increase is a result of the sectoral bargaining that was mandated between the industry and workers.

There is also an even larger mandated increase for healthcare workers in that state, to $25USD per hour.

Meanwhile the state minimum wage for everyone else will rise to $16USD in January.

That means by mid 2025; every Californian will earn at least $20CAD per hour at current exchange rates; with fast food workers earning $25CAD per hour.

That is a generational move to reduce poverty.

Last edited:
As many here will be aware, the U.S. House of Representatives has not had a speaker the last several days after an small cabal of Republicans managed to unseat their existing speaker.

Let me note here for those unaware of the niceties of U.S. politics, there speaker hold a role much different from our own, they are essentially the partisan 'House Leader' in our system, prioritizing legislation and committee assignments, while also
serving as the 'Speaker' and casting tie-breaking votes.

So as we sit here, with another significant conflict unfolding in the Middle East; an ongoing conflict in Ukraine and any number of other challenges, both international and domestic to our southern cousins, the House sits Speakerless, which means it cannot pass any legislation of any kind currently.

The Republicans have met privately to put forward Rep. Scalise to be speaker, but by all accounts he can't must the necessary Rep votes on the floor (he needs 217) to be confirmed.

Mr. Scalise apparently finished the internal process ahead of his nearest rival 113-99. (one will note this does not add up to 217)

The math here, by the way is that there are 435 seats in the House, and you need a majority of those to be Speaker, but 2 seats are currently vacant, giving you the 217 number.

The peculiarity of the U.S. system here is that the Speaker is an officially partisan role, which means the Democrats are loathe to vote for any Republican in the role, its just the way their system tends to work and the shoe
would be on the other foot if the Dem's controlled the House.

Meanwhile, the U.S. government is only running on a stop-gap bill until Nov. 17th, after which many gov't operations will have to shut down if no new bill has passed.

In cooperation with the entirety of House Democrats. The cabal wouldn’t have mattered otherwise.

Right, but its a politically partisan position; can you imagine the provincial PCs asking the opposition parties to vote for their new leader who will summarily become Premier?

I would happily agree if you said the Speaker's position should become non-partisan; but as long as its partisan, its a bit of an issue.

I would add, to my understanding the Dems were willing to support McCarthy if he agreed to give something to them legislatively. He did not.

View attachment 503326

It would be nice if my generation, X was given a shot. It looks like we're going to go straight from boomer to millennial.

Back