News   May 01, 2024
 313     0 
News   Apr 30, 2024
 1.5K     0 

Potential growth

piggal23

Member Bio
Reaction score
There are three choices for my property investment. Would anyone kind enough to give me some advices as to which one is a better choice. I am new to Toronto area.

1) Yonge & Charles street - 600 sq fts around 300K
2) Yonge & Finch - 600 sq fts around 270K
3) Dupont Street near Lansdowne subway (Loft) - 1100 sq fts around 370K

Thanks so much for your time!

yonge/charle

There aren't enough information such as, maintenance fees, layouts, views, interior finsihes, locker or/and parking.

However, all elses equal, based on the the given info, yonge/charle is a better choice.

Agreed...

Stick with The Core. The closer to midtown, the better in my opinion...infill projects that tap into otherwise well developed pockets are best...services and amenities already exist, and are sure to improve in time.

There are three choices for my property investment. Would anyone kind enough to give me some advices as to which one is a better choice. I am new to Toronto area.

1) Yonge & Charles street - 600 sq fts around 300K - maybe

best bets are 1) and 2) ...

what are the layouts like and quality of finishes.
it's beyond my comprehension but Y/Finch to Y/Sheppard are commanding price premiums comparable to d/t core.

3) NEVER

1) Yonge & Charles street - 600 sq fts around 300K

Thanks you guys. I have added more information for your further comments. Now this time I replaced 3) with a new one for better comparison.

1) Yonge & Charles street - 500 + 75 balcony sq fts around 300K + NO parking + $210/m maintenance fee ( one bedrm condo + balcony )
2) Yonge & Finch - 600 sq fts around 270K + one parking + one locker + $200/m maintenance fee ( one bedrm condo with balcony)
3) Yonge & King - 550 sq fts around 255K + one parking + $640/m maintenance fee (one bedrm condo )

Thank you very much !!

3) Yonge & King - 550 sq fts around 255K + one parking + $640/m maintenance fee (one bedrm condo )

sounds like 1 King West ...
pretty high maintenance fees and you didn't mention the commercial rate property taxes that will be applicable too.

change my vote to yonge/finch

Earlier vote was for yonge/charle. Now that i know it's only 500 sq.ft instead of 600sq.ft with no parking. I prefer the yonge and finch more. it has parking, much larger, both have low maintenance. both are close to subway, more importantly cheaper. however, we need to know about interior finishes, view, what's floors, age of the buildings.

Thanks you guys. I have added more information for your further comments. Now this time I replaced 3) with a new one for better comparison.

1) Yonge & Charles street - 500 + 75 balcony sq fts around 300K + NO parking + $210/m maintenance fee ( one bedrm condo + balcony )
2) Yonge & Finch - 600 sq fts around 270K + one parking + one locker + $200/m maintenance fee ( one bedrm condo with balcony)

Thank you very much !!

Um, that maintenance fee is ridiculous. I wouldn't touch that unit.

Yonge and Charles.

North York has much more land and hence much more room to continue to build condominiums. The downtown has more limited land and hence will continue to command more money vs. North York. Unless you live in North York, add transport costs if you are downtown and can walk and as an investment, downtown is more limited and hence more opportunity.

the above said, I think prices are quite high at present and while there is downside potential, I believe there is less upside potential.

good luck with your decision.

Last edited:

Back