News   Aug 22, 2024
 128     0 
News   Aug 22, 2024
 344     0 
News   Aug 21, 2024
 791     1 

Post your pictures of Toronto here!

End of the line.

Former Downsview Runway 33. Now decommissioned and marked with a simple 'X' to show that it's no longer in use.

@globalexpress have I got that right?

View attachment 585718
Absolutely ! After working at Bombardier Aerospace's Downsview site since '99 (with a few years lay-off in between), relocated to their new facility at Pearson this past March. YZD now redundant / decommissioned.

August 4

Rosetta McClain Gardens.

Walking through the gardens earlier today, I thought this could be a good site for @hawc to shoot one of his fabulous vertical perspective geometric images.

I just had to come back with my drone to see what it would look like. :)

DJI_0065-HDR-2.jpeg

Here we go. 😁

DJI_0130-HDR-2.jpeg

Just before sunset..

DJI_0079-HDR.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure if there is a specific forum to post these, but here are a few shots of work beginning on the Ontario Line, specifically along the OL-GO Corridor just east of Cherry St. (and west of what will become East Harbour). The heavy equipment just recently moved in. Where the balconies end in the first photo is where the tunnel portal begins. Shot yesterday evening from my balcony in the Distillery District. Note the heritage Cherry Street interlocking / signal tower (Cabin A).
20240809_194935.jpg
20240809_200403(0).jpg
20240809_200801.jpg

Last edited:
As seen along one of my cycle routes.

Morningside at Cumber Ave.

IMG_9613-2.jpeg

It caught my attention and got me curious about works of art on traffic signal boxes. Amazing!

StreetARToronto Outside the Box 10th Anniversary

The Outside the Box program provides an opportunity for local artists to create works of art on traffic signal boxes across Toronto. Since 2013, over 550 boxes have been hand-painted by local artists, or wrapped featuring designs by local graphic artists, and transformed into extraordinary works of art. We are thrilled to celebrate StreetARToronto’s Outside the Box Program 10 years strong in 2023! 🎉

As seen along one of my cycle routes.

Morningside at Cumber Ave.

View attachment 589213

It caught my attention and got me curious about works of art on traffic signal boxes. Amazing!

StreetARToronto Outside the Box 10th Anniversary

The Outside the Box program provides an opportunity for local artists to create works of art on traffic signal boxes across Toronto. Since 2013, over 550 boxes have been hand-painted by local artists, or wrapped featuring designs by local graphic artists, and transformed into extraordinary works of art. We are thrilled to celebrate StreetARToronto’s Outside the Box Program 10 years strong in 2023! 🎉
I'm pretty sure I have seen them across the city before, I sometimes pass by the one on Queen's Quay just west of Harbourfront Centre.

St. Lawrence Market:

20240810_171021.jpeg

Equestrian statue of King Edward VII at Queen's Park:
20240814_164552.jpeg

Back