News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.9K     2 

Porsche Museum - Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, Germany (Delugan Meissl)

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
porsche-museumdma-pms-0005-a.jpg

porsche-museum-dma-pms-0001-a.jpg

porsche-museumdma-pms-0014-a.jpg

porsche-museumdma-pms-0006-a.jpg

porsche-museumdma-pms-0011-a.jpg

porsche-museumdma-pms-0010-a.jpg

More information at Source

I bet they're glad they built this thing just in the nick of time. The people behind the blobby-shaped Mercedes-Benz museum are probably also giving big sighs of relief.

It looks like a Daniel Libeskind project got it on with a generic airport terminal...

...but it's well worth a visit I'm sure. I'd love to visit the other German automaker museums as well, particularly the Audi one.

I wonder why they didn't use the extruded aluminum that we used for the ROM. It is German after all.

Does it have a fancy name yet? Thay often give these conventionally unconventional spectacle buildings a fancy name - Meteor, Crystal, whatever. The Mercedes-Benz museum across town makes much of the fact that the interior is supposed to look like a double helix.

I really don't mind the building (at least from photographs). I think it looks like Libeskind doing Hadid (now I can only picture Libeskind boning that troll, gross).

Meh. I've been to BMW Welt a couple of times, and that building is gorgeous. The BMW Museum looks more like a toilet bowl, but is very impressive inside.

welt.jpg

I don't feel like this Porsche Museum has anything to do with the cars that it's showcasing. Find me a sharp angle on any Porsche...aside from the window sills, you just won't.

The BMW bowl looks better to me...

Back