funeral7.jpg

funeral8.jpg

funeral9.jpg

funeral10.jpg

funeral11.jpg

funeral12.jpg

funeral13.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely stunning shots androiduk, brilliant work.
I was over on University Avenue watching this today but I felt uncomfortable for some reason taking photographs, I'm sure glad you did.

Beautiful pictures. From a purely visual, non-emotional point-of-view, it's incredible how these kinds of ceremonies totally transform the mundane settings of streets as banal as University Avenue and Simcoe Street into backdrops of almost operatic grandeur.

The scale is amazing. What an incredible show of solidarity, a huge asset for a force that needs to attract people with strong moral fibres. It can't let incidents like the one which led to this funeral deter good people from joining the police force. Morale needs to be kept high as well.

Nevertheless, these displays will be hollow until they bring the officers involved in the many G20 abuses to justice.

I totally agree with Junctionist. I am sorry about the death of this police officer, but my gut feeling is this show of force has nothing to do with this particular individual. White wash for the G20 outrages and political stage management for a federal government hell bent on a law enforcement agenda.

Back