News   Jun 20, 2024
 400     1 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 1.5K     6 
News   Jun 20, 2024
 603     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

Framed correctly, they can say a crackdown on immigration and foreign students is a necessary evil.

There's no framing where Liberals won't pounce on anything to do with immigration and label it racist. Denying your opponents strategy and fighting on favourable terrain (which would be economics for the CPC) is always the better strategy.

All the conservatives have to do to win is just keep talking about unaffordability and voters who feel it every single day will come over to them. No need to make the job harder than it has to be. And with the headlines saying 50% of Canadians are living paycheque to paycheque, it won't be that hard.

All the conservatives have to do to win is just keep talking about unaffordability and voters who feel it every single day will come over to them. No need to make the job harder than it has to be. And with the headlines saying 50% of Canadians are living paycheque to paycheque, it won't be that hard.
And ignore the social conservatives. Their vote can be assumed, so no need to mention any of their issues (abortion, alphabet, religion, covid restrictions, diversity, etc.). Instead focus on winning ridings in the GTA and urban Quebec.

Last edited:
And ignore the social conservatives. Their vote can be assumed, so no need to mention any of their issues (abortion, alphabet, religion, covid restrictions, diversity, etc.). Instead focus on winning ridings in the GTA and urban Quebec.
Part of the CPC's problem is that PP can't help himself with self indulgent lib-owning. He doesn't have the discipline of Harper and will put his foot in it in several occasions, especially as he becomes PM in waiting.

Part of the CPC's problem is that PP can't help himself with self indulgent lib-owning. He doesn't have the discipline of Harper and will put his foot in it in several occasions, especially as he becomes PM in waiting.

I think you are about to see just how much leeway the public gives rabble rousers like PP, when they perceive that the essentials are threatened.

I've said this before. Somebody should give the LPC a copy of Maslow's hierarchy to help them in the next election.

I've said this before. Somebody should give the LPC a copy of Maslow's hierarchy to help them in the next election.
You just reminded me of...

Zy58qR3.png

Unfortunately I think the advisors and Liberal party overall has drank too much Koolaid and are too busy singing kumbaya to even glance at Maslow’s hierarchy.

Do these guys have any idea how insincere and cynical this looks to a twenty something competing with three international students for their first apartment?

When my grandmother wanted to rent a condo recently, the landlord priced it at $2100 a month. She was not chosen despite offering to pay 6 months in advance and the condo went to someone who offered $2300 a month, paying a year in advance.

The rental housing market is so bad right now that it is causing literal bidding wars.

On immigration, I just don't understand the need to bring in so much unskilled, underemployed young adults from the subcontinent. It seems only purposed to drive down incomes.
I am similarly baffled.

I can see bringing in STEM, medicine, etc. students. I can see bring in trades students/apprentices. But just bringing in hundreds of thousands of people taking digital marketing courses at George Brown in between 60 hours a week slinging coffee at TH's as the indentured servitude needed to get PR is just crazy.

Do these guys have any idea how insincere and cynical this looks to a twenty something competing with three international students for their first apartment?

Why are we importing hundreds of thousands of students with poor prospects if we also have to spend tens of billions in subsidized housing to accommodate them.

Maybe it is time for cities like Toronto to put it's sanctuary city status on pause.? Until they get enough money to home all the refugees Trudeau is taking in.

Church housing refugees in repurposed buses calls for government support​

Montreal shelter struggles to meet demand for help from asylum seekers​

Last edited:

Back