423     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 381     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 298     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

BUMP

Flip flop alert!

Honestly, notwithstanding that I am double-vaxxed, and encourage others to do the same, I'm not unsympathetic to the argument that mandatory vax policies are invasive (which they surely are, whether one supports such a policy or not) and may not hold up if constitutionally challenged (there is some serious debate about this in the legal community)............

The absolute, undeniable absurdity here is the flip-flop.

You can make an argument, for either position (not an anti-vaxx argument, but one for or against a strict mandate, both as a political position and legal one)......

Politically, pro-mandate is broadly the better strategy.

But regardless.........what you cannot do is flip-flop in such a way that makes your position untenable regardless and makes it appears as though no thought went into the initial stance, or that you have no backbone
when facing pushback, notwithstanding such thought.

Either way, it looks terrible.

But they won't. Have the Liberals under Trudeau implemented any of their promises from 2015 and 2019?

1) Promised to lift all long-term drinking-water advisories by March 2021. Nope
2) Promised to replace the first-past-the-post voting system. Nope
3) Promised “a modest short-term deficit” of less than $10 billion in each of the first three years and then a balanced budget by the 2019-2020 fiscal year. Nope
4) Promised to Reduce cell phone bills by 25 per cent annually, Nope
5) Promised to Implement a universal pharmacare program. Nope
Number two is the biggest letdown.

Number two is the biggest letdown.
Good thing for the Trudeau government, or they would have lost the last two elections! (I'm disappointed about it too, by the way).

Not thrilled with Trudeau's new cabinet. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of room for veterans and potentially dissenting voices.

The promotion of Guilbeault is by far the most concerning thing to me.

If the Conservatives would just get their act together, drop the western grievance origins and become a true national, bilingual party they would kick Trudeau‘s ass. When the next election comes in 24-36 months they’d better be ready.

If the Conservatives would just get their act together, drop the western grievance origins and become a true national, bilingual party they would kick Trudeau‘s ass. When the next election comes in 24-36 months they’d better be ready.

They haven't been that since Mulroney.

Though I am not surprised, I see O'Toole is managing to shoot himself in the foot, yet again. It is clear that everyone entering parliament buildings must be vaccinated (which is sensible) so why keep picking at this scab?
Conservative Leader Erin O’Toole says all of his MPs will abide by new rules requiring they be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the House of Commons, but will challenge those rules at the first opportunity.

"O’Toole says the committee that made COVID-19 vaccinations mandatory for members of Parliament overstepped its authority, and that the decision should have been made by the House of Commons when it resumes sitting on Nov. 22. But he says while his party will raise its objection on the floor of the Commons as soon as it can, Conservative MPs will respect the vaccination mandate with the goal of being in their seats to hold the Liberal government to account." An O'Toole by name and a tool by nature!

Back