News   Apr 25, 2024
 248     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 795     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 809     0 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

The closest thing I can think of is the Century Initiative - going for 100M by 2100.

And guess what, it's a (big) business think-tank - not an NDP thing. In any case, I suspect when and if it happens, it will be out of our control (e.g. our neighbour to the south going failed state, serious climatic disturbances leading to mass migration, etc).

AoD

I may be pro-immigration and all, but don't forget that if Canada's population increases too quickly, it would lead to the development of large areas filled with slums, many of which would be close to the density of the king of all slums, Kowloon Walled City in Hong Kong, the most densely populated neighbourhood in all of human history (Kowloon Walled City was demolished a few years before Hong Kong reverted to Chinese control).

^Agreed. To bee fair, that's what temporary foreign workers are for: literal second class cheap labour. Depriving TFWs of the opportunity is not the answer though: most of them earn far more than they would at home and it materially improves the welfare of themselves, their family and community.

I see people being critical of Trudeau for not commenting on the US election results. Why though? Jagmeet Singh will likely never be PM, so he has the chance to be critical of Trump. Meanwhile, the PM needs to work with whoever gets elected.

I see people being critical of Trudeau for not commenting on the US election results. Why though? Jagmeet Singh will likely never be PM, so he has the chance to be critical of Trump. Meanwhile, the PM needs to work with whoever gets elected.

I don't know, normally one should try to be as diplomatic as possible, but going soft on an insane sociopath like Trump only adds to the impression that a lot of people have of Trudeau that he's spineless.

I don't know, normally one should try to be as diplomatic as possible, but going soft on an insane sociopath like Trump only adds to the impression that a lot of people have of Trudeau that he's spineless.

I think Trudeau is spineless but on the American file he had to play a dance and I dont blame him.

He called out Trump when needed indirectly and he had no idea if he would win or lose this election so he had to hedge his bets for our sakes as a country.

If the PM started to speak out about Trump that would nto sit well with many Americans and even the Dems.

So there is more rumblings pertaining to the Emergencies Act. I get the sense that Trudeau is getting annoyed by how things are being handled and while not publically saying it, is considering invoking the act.

Ford's attempt to dump things on the cities and ignore local health officials may lead to Trudeau invoking the act and blaming Ford for forcing his hand.

See here:

and here: https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/pm-to-provinces-act-now-to-slow-surging-covid-19-1.5182552

Loni Eliot
shared a link.

3tSp3gio onsmoctrinestisd ·

MY VIEW:
Let me get this off my chest - the definition for 'Family' for MPs has got to be clarified. Exactly what is family? Husband/Wife? Obviously. Children living at home? For sure. How about Grandparents living on their own? Siblings living alone? Nieces and Nephews? Cousins? And also, when is a Family Friend not a Family Friend? Let's have a very clear definition of 'Family'.
In this case, Yasmin Ratansi had hired her biggest supporter, her sister, to work in her constituency office and not her MP office in Ottawa. At the time, that was not illegal. But Ratansi's mistake was when, after 2012 under Stephen Harper, when the rules were changed and with no grandfathering, she should have fired her sister. Not because her sister wasn't doing her job, there's no indication of that, but simply because the rules had changed and no exceptions were allowed. That was when Ratansi made the biggest mistake of her life by trying to cover up the fact that her sister was still employed at the constituency office and that she required her other staff to cover it up as well. That was totally wrong of Ratansi.... perhaps understandable since her sister may or may not, be dependent on her job and she herself had not done anything wrong up to that point in time. I don't know if Ratansi had any political avenues to pursue in her case in support of her sister's employment but I've heard nothing to indicate that she may have even tried.
So now Ratansi's career may well be over for good and her sister is no longer employed and may in fact, also have become unemployable. Such a shame and such a mess.
But, it would seem that there's a little bit of hypocrisy from the ReformaCONs on this as Pierre Pollivieve's wife was hired to work in Coopers office to get around this so-called nepotism, and it isn't illegal - just morally wrong which the CONs don't really care about. And now we hear about others including Harper's son who is now working for Jason Kenney in his inner circle, with no experience other than being Harper's son and is now making around $100,000/year under Kenney in Alberta. Again, not illegal just morally wrong.
But the ReformaCONs are very good at pointing fingers but doing some twisted end runs around legislation or rules for themselves and theirs.

Back