611     0 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 1.7K     5 
News   Sep 04, 2024
 595     1 

PM Justin Trudeau's Canada

^ It was referenced and linked when I first quoted it:
[...]
Mr. Butts’s key point is that the PMO asked Ms. Wilson-Raybould only to get an outside legal opinion.

But in his version, unlike Ms. Wilson-Raybould’s, no one was hounding the attorney-general to undo a decision.

He insisted Ms. Wilson-Raybould never indicated she had made a final decision – and that by law, she can’t have made a final decision, because she must keep an open mind to new considerations until the day a judge delivers a verdict.

That’s important, because Ms. Wilson-Raybould testified that she made up her mind in September yet the PM’s operatives kept hounding her for months. Mr. Butts insisted she didn’t say she’d made up her mind, and kept asking for feedback. He said Ms. Wilson-Raybould asked to meet him in what became a two-hour dinner at the Château Laurier in December, and she was the one who raised the topic. [...]

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/pol...ge-who-is-more-credible-gerald-butts-or-jody/

Thus my writing:
There's a disconnect in there no matter how it's stacked...

Last edited:
Scheer won't denounce the Pizzagate nonsense because he needs their votes.
That's the least of the Party's and his hypocrisies. The present bind with cmte's meaning anything, and separation of A-G to Justice Min, let alone bending over for SNC to do the Quebecois Shuffle is pretty extensive.

I'm being justifiably hard on Justin, but the sheer idiocy of Scheer is just as apparent. Girlymen trying to do a man's job, but it being done by women far more capable.

Well, well, just on-line for a few minutes, will comment more on this later.

Maybe Justin can get on the phone to the judge? It's a Butts kinda job, but hey, no-one in the back orifice right now.

OTTAWA—The Federal Court has struck down SNC-Lavalin‘s appeal for a judicial review of a federal prosecutor’s decision not to negotiate a remediation agreement that would allow the company to avoid criminal conviction.

The Quebec engineering and construction company had gone to court seeking a review of the decision by the federal director of public prosecutor last fall to not enter negotiations so desperately sought by the firm’s executives.
[...]
SNC-Lavalin loses court fight to review decision to not offer it a remediation agreement

Oh the jobs Your Worship! Think of all the jobs...

Last edited:
That's the least of the Party's and his hypocrisies. The present bind with cmte's meaning anything, and separation of A-G to Justice Min, let alone bending over for SNC to do the Quebecois Shuffle is pretty extensive.

I'm being justifiably hard on Justin, but the sheer idiocy of Scheer is just as apparent. Girlymen trying to do a man's job, but it being done by women far more capable.

He just gave the Liberals something to pounce on, two weeks after being at a Yellow Vest event with Faith Goldy.

Readers of this string might be interested in watching this:

Many nuanced points are made by Ms Quaid on the Federal Court's decision:

The Federal Court of Canada has dismissed a request by SNC-Lavalin to review af ederal prosecutor's decision declining to settle criminal charges against the company out of court. ... To subject such decisions to political interference, or to judicial supervision, could erode the integrity of our system of prosecution.” 2 days ago
Federal Court of Canada strikes down SNC-Lavalin's request to ...
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/.../article-judge-strikes-down-sncs-request-to-review-...

What's being missed by almost all media coverage is that the ruling clarifies that the Proscutor's decision itself can't be overturned, only the willingness for the Prosecutor to entertain yet another application for a DPA. The Prosecutor can once again dismiss the legitimacy or viability of that application for reasons known only to the Prosecutor and the Defendant.

See: ~ 8:30 of the vid

Addendum:

Since the interview above, Prof Quaid has read the "100 page legal decision":
Jennifer Quaid (@quaid_jennifer) · Twitter
1/Just read full 100 page @FedCourt_CAN_en decision on SNC. It is a beautiful precedent for those who want a judicial review of case law on prosecutorial discretion. I might use it in my 1st year casebook. @MEveSylvestre @doumbernier but there is more ... @EmilieTaman @mspratt
2 days ago · Twitter
1/"Court concluded, upon consideration of the extensive submissions of the parties and the jurisprudence, that the Application for Judicial Review had no reasonable prospect of success in the context of the law and the governing jurisprudence and when a realistic view is taken."
2 days ago · Twitter
I will admit that I am relieved that @FedCourt_CAN_en decision has confirmed what all of us have been teaching our students - Pros. discretion is NOT subject to review absent proof of ABUSE. No abuse in decision by @PPSC_SPPC not to invite #SNC to negotiate RA. @DrCiviluOttawa
2 days ago · Twitter

Further to the above, subsequent to the "Just read full..." Twitter above:

Oddly, none of this is yet showing in the media coverage I've read or heard so far. This is dynamite...

Last edited:

This is a good response by Trudeau regarding the Pizzagate idiot and the nut jobs in the Yellow Vest movement. Scheer's "I didn't hear it" excuse isn't flying with people.

^ Scheer's a talking head with nothing in it. Raitt's the one with the brains.

I just can't see him as a good PM. Not because he is CPC leader, but because he has no leadership skills. Harper would have shut down these nut jobs before they were an issue.

This is a good response by Trudeau regarding the Pizzagate idiot and the nut jobs in the Yellow Vest movement. Scheer's "I didn't hear it" excuse isn't flying with people.

I just can't see him as a good PM. Not because he is CPC leader, but because he has no leadership skills. Harper would have shut down these nut jobs before they were an issue.
I voted for Sunny Ways, but imo Harper is the PM Canada needs in these Trumpian times.

I voted for Sunny Ways, but imo Harper is the PM Canada needs in these Trumpian times.
I think people have known this for some time - but the polls now confirm it.
Stephen Harper was the best prime minister of the last 50 years, beating out Pierre Trudeau and Chrétien: [Leger] poll

Not surprisingly, Justin Trudeau finished last (of those who served at least 3 years).

Another interesting thing in that poll (on page 13):
24% of people have not heard about the SNS-Lavelin Case (i.e. living under a rock completely oblivious to the goings on around them). CPC supporter are well below this average (14%) and the remaining parties (LPC, NDP, GPC, PPC) average about 28%. This basically confirms what we had suspected for some time - that CPC tries to appeal to voters who are engaged and paying attention, while the other parties tend to appeal to people who aren't paying attention. (on the other side of the coin, 67% are paying attention - with the CPC well above this at 82%).

Back