035.jpg

036.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

056.jpg

Peterborough pics...

MF: Good Peterborough pics! Compared to Wallaceburg PBO has some life as a small Ontario city. Those small ONT cities look so appealing to me...LI MIKE

I've know a couple of people who went to Trent University and they really liked it. Never been to Peterborough myself but it looks like a nice little city- reminds me of Guelph a bit.

Thanks for posting these. I went to Trent so I know the city well. Particularly nice is the number of churches downtown including a row of them on Reid St, just a block west of the downtown. The city also has some amazing brick homes (basically the whole town is made of brick) some of which date back to the 1800s.

I'll see if I have any pictures of the Trent campus around, because it really is one of the nicest campuses I've seen and probably one of the best examples of cement based architecture. For those interested here's a cool site that outlines the campus and shows some pics of the building process. http://www.trentu.ca/admin/library/archives/zthome.htm

Thanks for the comments everyone. I've been all over Ontario and Peterborough definitely has one of the best downtowns in the province, especially compared to other cities in the 100,000 range.

Thanks for posting these. I went to Trent so I know the city well. Particularly nice is the number of churches downtown including a row of them on Reid St, just a block west of the downtown. The city also has some amazing brick homes (basically the whole town is made of brick) some of which date back to the 1800s.

I'll see if I have any pictures of the Trent campus around, because it really is one of the nicest campuses I've seen and probably one of the best examples of cement based architecture. For those interested here's a cool site that outlines the campus and shows some pics of the building process. http://www.trentu.ca/admin/library/archives/zthome.htm
I have some Trent pictures in the Peterborough Trillium Photography gallery. I love the architecture there, I just wish the new buildings followed the vision of the rest of the campus.

Thank you. Good pictures of the downtown area, although you missed Sin City! :)

Peterborough is one of the nicest cities in Ontario, thanks to the good heritage architecture, along with the waterfront location, which I think they have made the most of.

Back