News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 459     0 

Person Jumps to Death in Bremner Blvd Condo Fire

Fire Code

We borrowed a South Beach condo from friends a while ago and I noticed the unit had sprinklers. Does our fire code require them in high rise condos? If not, wouldn't it be a good idea?

Smoke/heat detectors tend to be really sensitive -- at least in both condos I have lived in. In one, it was positioned way too close to the kitchen and went off if using the toaster. Where I am now, if I don't have the fan over the stove cranked, opening the oven while broiling will set it off.

The law is that anything built after April 2010 requires sprinklers in units, before that only common areas required them.

Smoke/heat detectors tend to be really sensitive -- at least in both condos I have lived in. In one, it was positioned way too close to the kitchen and went off if using the toaster. Where I am now, if I don't have the fan over the stove cranked, opening the oven while broiling will set it off.

Huh, mine's the opposite. It's in the kitchen too but it's never gone off even with burnt popcorn/toast and I never turn the fan stove on.

I walk past this place on my way to Union several times per week at about that time. I'm glad I decided to take the bus that day.

We no longer live there. All of the units with the same design as ours had the problem. It was an issue of location. Board and management were aware of it and showed us how to disable it while cooking

Back