News   Mar 28, 2024
 87     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Parking in the downtown core

Detroit has lots of surface lots downtown to park, perhaps that should be the city for you. ;)

I actually read somewhere that were it not for the abundance of parking in Detroit, the enormous race riots that erupted and sped up white-flight and the hollowing out of downtown wouldn't have been as bad and Detroit would probably be exactly like Toronto now, and Windsor would be like Hamilton.

Last edited:
Nope, all the ones you can see in the bottom half of the photo will be there for sometime - there is no concrete proposal on any of those sites.

But don't forget those are among the last sites left that are not accounted for.

That's not entirely true. Waterpark III ain't gonna happen anytime soon but, I'm sure it's still being pursued

Yes. Parking is hard to enough to find downtown. If they eliminate all surface lots then it's going to be basically impossible to find a spot anywhere. But most of you guys are anti-car for whatever reason so it doesn't surprise me.

Watch out, you're speaking out!! :D

Sorry to bump this very old thread but it seems the best place to post this link to an interesting article in this week's Economist.
http://tinyurl.com/k46yegz

Good article!

We've been inching in the right direction on this file; but too slowly and certainly not where we need to be.

This is most clear w/downtown condos where excess numbers of spaces are continuing to be built, adding to the cost of new condos.

Back