News   Jul 08, 2024
 210     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3.1K     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 2.1K     13 

Park Lake Residences (Pemberton, 2x 18s, Burka)

Park Lake is so anti-climactic for its waterfront location. Perhaps wave motifs for buildings near waterfronts are becoming cliche, but some imagination was to be expected at the location.

From the train (sorry for the poor quality)

4432679478_359cb6b211_o.jpg

sudden twinge of buyer's remorse:
I like the blue-ish glass that's all over Windermere by the Lake and going up NXT better than the green stuff going up on Park Lake...
meh

March 27 2010 update

Southwest Elevations - exterior is all done ~
Click to Enlarge

Southeast Elevations

Thanks very much Solaris.

The construction process is running very smoothly and we can anticipate moving in our expected dates. As a side note, any Park Lake owners can visit
the following web site below for more info, but feel free to check Urban Toronto as well.

http://parklake.freeforums.org/

Please note that new members will have to verify that they purchased a suite at Park Lake in order to join the forum. Thank you.

This building already looks dated and - and expect it to look much more dated in another year or two, when all of the exhaust fumes, dirt and grime from the adjacent highway have discoloured the entire building. I struggle to see anything really redeeming about these buildings, beyond their location and even that is a little precarious - why these two towers couldn't have just been two towers with a courtyard and some underground parking is beyond me - instead you have a mismatched podium for cars and a pathetic archway which takes its cue from all the hundreds of straight lines which make up this buildings exterior.

Ugh.....Meh...Enough people like it that it got built...

pee 5

I do agree that Park Lake's podium could have been better designed to work with the tower above, rather than just acting as an unrelated base ... the white precast podium will indeed age very poorly with the exhaust and fumes from the Gardiner Expressway ... but I think the tower will age quite nicely

however, I don't think the tower portion of Park Lake is all that terrible ... its a good looking glass tower with beautiful floor-to-ceiling windows (yes I know that only matters for residents)

This building already looks dated and - and expect it to look much more dated in another year or two, when all of the exhaust fumes, dirt and grime from the adjacent highway have discoloured the entire building. I struggle to see anything really redeeming about these buildings, beyond their location and even that is a little precarious - why these two towers couldn't have just been two towers with a courtyard and some underground parking is beyond me - instead you have a mismatched podium for cars and a pathetic archway which takes its cue from all the hundreds of straight lines which make up this buildings exterior.

Ugh.....Meh...Enough people like it that it got built...

pee 5

I think you're being overly critical of a typical condo that's built in Canada. There's a lot worse out there and you know it. My opinion is obviously somewhat biased, but I will say that my jaw has never dropped over the design of the building. It looks fresh, pleasant and appropriate. There may be discolouration of the podium in time, but the building will get an external wash at least once a year. I don't think the glass will be affected that much. Please feel free to send me a private message when its looking too dirty to look at and I'll jump right away with my power washer and blast that dirt for you.

I love how you completely focus on the negative and not mentioning anything regarding having High Park steps away, as well as the beautiful lake. As you are aware, the space in which Park Lake was built had many restrictions regarding the design, height and many other factors, so that explains a lot.

The price for our suite was an amazing deal considering what we're getting and I'm not going to be overly materialistic and be picky about its exterior. I appreciate the fact that I'm steps from 399 acres of a Park and being able to lay down on the beach.

I think you're being overly critical of a typical condo that's built in Canada. There's a lot worse out there and you know it. My opinion is obviously somewhat biased, but I will say that my jaw has never dropped over the design of the building. It looks fresh, pleasant and appropriate. There may be discolouration of the podium in time, but the building will get an external wash at least once a year. I don't think the glass will be affected that much. Please feel free to send me a private message when its looking too dirty to look at and I'll jump right away with my power washer and blast that dirt for you.

I love how you completely focus on the negative and not mentioning anything regarding having High Park steps away, as well as the beautiful lake. As you are aware, the space in which Park Lake was built had many restrictions regarding the design, height and many other factors, so that explains a lot.

The price for our suite was an amazing deal considering what we're getting and I'm not going to be overly materialistic and be picky about its exterior. I appreciate the fact that I'm steps from 399 acres of a Park and being able to lay down on the beach.

Nice to see my friend Josef defending the ship. Way to go.
Is it September yet? I'm growing itchy, hope there wont be more than a month of occupancy phantom rent.

I like it. Turned out much better than I expected. Fills the site out well. The bulky, sturdy proportions are appropriate. There's something retro here that I can't quite put my finger on. Vaguely Tip Top-ish at the base. Kind of wide-eyed and optimistic. The sunshine helps. Thanks for the pics, drum118.

Last edited:
Very nice pics. Thanks Drum. Wasn't there suppose to be a special turning lane from Lakeshore into Park Lake? If not, that could spell trouble.

More recent photos, from the parkland south of Lake Shore Blvd.:

ParkLake1.jpg

ParkLake2.jpg

ParkLake3.jpg

ParkLake4.jpg

ParkLake5.jpg

ParkLake6.jpg

From High Park, these towers look quite awkward but they look decent in those photos. Perhaps it's because when you're looking at them from Grenadier Pond, you can also see aA's NXT towers to the west of them and Palace Pier, which are both more refined in shape and materials. The podium is surprisingly bland for such a visible location.

Back