Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Anywayyyys...

Regarding the utility room - don't let it get even near the freezing point. 10-12C is about as low as it should go (incase of flash freezing). When the guy came and turned it off (he did go to every unit last spring), he said they would be sending out a note for fall/winter. It's getting pretty cold at night so I'm guessing they forgot about it? It would also make sense for Skywater to go to every unit and turn them on. Some people may not really know about it/know how to turn it on, which could result in huge damage.

Hallway air - yeah, still frigid. They're probably turn the heat on soon - hopefully! Will heat up our units a lot too :D

I found the model for the heater, and it says the built in thermostat is optional. Guessing they didn't add it to ours?

http://en.stelpro.com/contenu/ca/pdf/fiches/RWF.pdf

Maybe we can get something like this if so:

http://www.amazon.ca/Lux-Heating-Co...=1382476384&sr=1-1&keywords=thermostat+outlet

Last edited:
Write down the model number of the hot water heater . Than go online and search it out to see if the heater has some type of freeze protection built in ..
Most that are located outdoors will have an electric heating element built into it to prevent freezing .

That outlet thermostat is definitely a good idea or you could replace that heater with another one, it's pretty much the same price.

Two board members have replied on here recently, maybe they can get something posted.
I think the main lobby needs an actual glass board for postings by the elevators. Most condos have this or in the elevators. That cork board hidden near the mail area isn't getting much use.

Anywayyyys...

Regarding the utility room - don't let it get even near the freezing point. 10-12C is about as low as it should go (incase of flash freezing). When the guy came and turned it off (he did go to every unit last spring), he said they would be sending out a note for fall/winter. It's getting pretty cold at night so I'm guessing they forgot about it? It would also make sense for Skywater to go to every unit and turn them on. Some people may not really know about it/know how to turn it on, which could result in huge damage.

Hallway air - yeah, still frigid. They're probably turn the heat on soon - hopefully! Will heat up our units a lot too :D

I found the model for the heater, and it says the built in thermostat is optional. Guessing they didn't add it to ours?

http://en.stelpro.com/contenu/ca/pdf/fiches/RWF.pdf

Maybe we can get something like this if so:

http://www.amazon.ca/Lux-Heating-Co...=1382476384&sr=1-1&keywords=thermostat+outlet

No one came around to turn off my heater, nor 3 other owners' units I've spoken to. And given Skywater's track record I highly doubt they will send anyone around to turn anything off. Probably up to us if we turned it off to begin with.

and yes, there's def no thermostat on the heater. it's a dial with no numbers on it. min-max... mine was on max when I discovered it in early May.

Pretty pathetic how cheap these Vandyk bastards are. Builders these days realize the benefit of energy efficiency and build it in where possible. Vandyk just built everything as pathetically cheap as possible to sell low... then we get all these nice surprises later. What a joke it is to have a cheapass heater running 24/7/365 at max heat... this is what would have happened if I (and at least 3 other units) didn't manually turn off the heater.

I'll be sure to write a nice review about them on that survey we just got via email.

Nobody came to turn off mine, noticed it going at full blast in May as well.

Might want to check around the dryhall near your vents as well. The drywall beside the vent in my bedroom has a big soft spot developing. Noticed it yesterday when I turned on the heat to feel the heat under my vent. I wonder if it was caused by having the A/C going all Summer, just like how the drywall seems ruined around the vents in the fitness room from all of the water build up on the vents.

Ya , keep saying crap about your units and the building .. That way when you go to sell, all the potential buyers will find this thread off of google like I did , and you will all get less re sale value for your units . Very smart lol

Ya , keep saying crap about your units and the building .. That way when you go to sell, all the potential buyers will find this thread off of google like I did , and you will all get less re sale value for your units . Very smart lol

So what, you're gonna lie on your survey and talk about how amazing Vandyk is?

A private survey is different than publicly trashing your investment .I personaly think the building looks great to others I've seen of this style , and one of the only ones to have NG bbq hook up . New buildngs take time to make rules and for people to become familar with the rules . Stop being a bunch of whiners ..

Focus on the good stuff !! Be more positive !!

That's odd they didn't turn everyones off. I was home that day, and remember hearing the guy going door to door near my unit (cause we can hear everything :D). Eventually he came and turned mine off, and said he was doing them all and would send notices in the fall. He also mentioned a bunch of units using their utility room as storage :eek:

That's odd they didn't turn everyones off. I was home that day, and remember hearing the guy going door to door near my unit (cause we can hear everything :D). Eventually he came and turned mine off, and said he was doing them all and would send notices in the fall. He also mentioned a bunch of units using their utility room as storage :eek:

Yeah, they never turned mine off either. I did it myself. So should we have it on now? It was 1 degree this morning. And at what level? With no temp on it, just Min and Max, I don't know where on the dial I should set it.

Also, if anyone tries installing a thermostat, post it here and let me know how it went please! I think I'd like to install one too.

Maybe the water line can just be insulated better? The closest should be pretty warm if the furnace is running consistently, although I haven't had to run the heat very long.
I noticed once I set it to a certain temperature, it takes a long time for it to go back down again, since it is a small place.

I was gonna buy that outlet thermostat thing but I just checked and noticed the heater is hard-wired in :mad:

I turned it to 1/3 heat, so I'll check it tomorrow morning and see what it's like in there.

I was gonna buy that outlet thermostat thing but I just checked and noticed the heater is hard-wired in :mad:

I turned it to 1/3 heat, so I'll check it tomorrow morning and see what it's like in there.

So def not on the panel eh? SOmeone said it's sharing the same electrical outlet as the heater.

So def not on the panel eh? SOmeone said it's sharing the same electrical outlet as the heater.

Yeah, it's probably on the same line as the furnace.

This morning I checked and the space heater was off (even though it was set to 1/3). The room didn't feel warm or anything - not sure why it turned off. Maybe it does have a thermostat? I set it to 2/3 and will see what happens....

Really? I could have sworn it was just plugged into the outlet in there and tied down... blah.

Back