Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Noticed it the other day when exiting at night. I think it's the main reason why the main entrance is so dark looking at night.

I was off last week, so I was home when they came by for service for once. Got them to adjust my range outlet a bit, stove fits further back now.

I wonder when they are going to fix the air in the hallways, it seems to be working on the first floor only. I break a sweat walking to the elevator.

Is there central a/c in the building? That's the question.

You should see it on the 4th floor, it's a sauna. I am sure all of the windows near the rooftop patio don't help.

Is there central a/c in the building? That's the question.

You should see it on the 4th floor, it's a sauna. I am sure all of the windows near the rooftop patio don't help.

I'm sure there is. No way would a building be built without it. Last time I complained (3 or 4x) to Skywater they did something about it. Took some serious prodding though (not very nice emails_.

Now the garage door is veeeery broken. It's about 80% open.... don't think a truck or van will fit through.

Yeah I'm going to have to email Harold again this is getting ridiculous. I feel bad for people who have asthma or breathing problems.

And yes I noticed the garage door this afternoon as well, I barely made it through with my SUV. I hope they consider this urgent and fix it otherwise people will be stuck.

I also got a response back from Harold saying we should be getting a package this week to explain how visitors parking will be enforced.

I have never noticed it being cool in the 4th floor hallway. When was it ever fixed?!

Also, the rooftop gutters don't seem to work very well in this building with heavy rain fall. The corners seem to have water literally shooting off the roof. The rooftop patio on the North side looks like a swimming pool, with water falling onto it and the person on the ground floor below me, from what I can see, has a swimming pool on their grass. It's literally shooting off on both corners onto their lawn above my window. I would be scared of it puddling into the unit.

Also surprised at how often the power seems to go out. I was in the parking garage when it went black and now my bedroom light is flickering in my room.

Last edited:
I have never noticed it being cool in the 4th floor hallway. When was it ever fixed?!

Also, the rooftop gutters don't seem to work very well in this building with heavy rain fall. The corners seem to have water literally shooting off the roof. The rooftop patio on the North side looks like a swimming pool, with water falling onto it and the person on the ground floor below me, from what I can see, has a swimming pool on their grass. It's literally shooting off on both corners onto their lawn above my window. I would be scared of it puddling into the unit.

Also surprised at how often the power seems to go out. I was in the parking garage when it went black and now my bedroom light is flickering in my room.

Oh it's much worse than that... I was in the gym when the power went out. there are 2 huge puddles INSIDE the gym. This building is seriously shitty. Also water inside the stairwell on ground floor. Nice and leaky. I hope no one's units got water inside...
I had an ice cold shower thanks to those tankless water heaters hahaha.

Also, why are the hallways pitch black!? There are battery backup lights there... why the hell don't they work??

What a joke.

Oh it's much worse than that... I was in the gym when the power went out. there are 2 huge puddles INSIDE the gym. This building is seriously shitty. Also water inside the stairwell on ground floor. Nice and leaky. I hope no one's units got water inside...
I had an ice cold shower thanks to those tankless water heaters hahaha.

Also, why are the hallways pitch black!? There are battery backup lights there... why the hell don't they work??

What a joke.

Hahha serious? The emergency lights don't even work?? Hahahhaha oh man hopefully no one is stuck on the elevator

Last edited:

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/3...n-gta-causing-flooding-massive-power-outages/

Seriously?

Where did the puddles in the gym come from? Last time I was in there, I noticed the a/c vents have a lot of condensation building up on them, you can see drip marks on the wall by the treadmills.

They were working at first during the first mini black out, then seemed to stop working during the 5 hour blackout. After that, only the exit signs seemed to be on. I guess unlike the retirement home next door that had all of their lights on, we have no backup generator here. There was a lot of water near the entrance area in the garage. I was driving down Dundas and there was a lot of flooding on the right side of the street and lots of rocks/debris everywhere and multiple streets closed because of flooding. Took me forever to get back home, I left thinking it was just our building at first haha.

Oh and per Harold, there is no a/c in the hallways, but its heated in the Winter.

Last edited:
IMG-20130708-00416.jpg

This was the view from my patio. Once the downpour lessened to a drizzle, it drained, but it got pretty close. And if the gym flooded, we have some serious drainage issues.

No flooding in the parking lot that I could see but there were wet spots and little rivers of water. Not sure where they originated from though.

Attachments

• IMG-20130708-00416.jpg
    IMG-20130708-00416.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 281

Back