Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

I think once the board is formed we should suggest adding FOB options to the exterior doors on the first floor. I have to get up and take my puppy out throughout the night and numerous times during the day, I live on the far south side and walking to the main entrance everytime is become inconvenient. I started going down the stairs at the back of the building as it is closer to my unit however the doors have no handles to open on the outside, so I have been taking a towel down with me and using it to keep the door open well I am outside then I bring it back when we are done. Today I did the same thing and somebody had the nerve to remove my towel and lock me out, thank god somebody was moving in or I would have been locked out of the building until my husband came home. They didn't even leave my towel there, they took it with them.

Yeah I noticed that this evening as well. Hope our maintenance fees don't increase because we have to have somebody there daily to fix it. You really think they would get somebody more competent to fix it since this will now be the third time.

I think once the board is formed we should suggest adding FOB options to the exterior doors on the first floor. I have to get up and take my puppy out throughout the night and numerous times during the day, I live on the far south side and walking to the main entrance everytime is become inconvenient. I started going down the stairs at the back of the building as it is closer to my unit however the doors have no handles to open on the outside, so I have been taking a towel down with me and using it to keep the door open well I am outside then I bring it back when we are done. Today I did the same thing and somebody had the nerve to remove my towel and lock me out, thank god somebody was moving in or I would have been locked out of the building until my husband came home. They didn't even leave my towel there, they took it with them.

Sarah, I understand your frustration, but leaving the door ajar in the middle of the night probably isn't the most secure option for the building. Key fobs are probably a good idea, but I wouldn't be too upset with the person who closed the door that was left open for anyone from the outside. (I personally would have left you the towel though if it was me :p )

It wasn't the middle of the night that's why I got frustrated, it was kid afternoon. During the night I go out the main door cause I'm to scared to go out back! It also bothered me because if you looked outside you could have seen me there with my puppy as we don't go very far from the door.

It wasn't the middle of the night that's why I got frustrated, it was kid afternoon. During the night I go out the main door cause I'm to scared to go out back! It also bothered me because if you looked outside you could have seen me there with my puppy as we don't go very far from the door.

I guess the person is just a jerk then.

Sweet. Yeah, I noticed my unit number was written inside my mail box yesterday, I guess there were no indications on the mail room side previously??

A/C was at 20 in the gym yesterday, so it does seem capable of going below 23.

That's good that they have fixed it, fingers crossed. Now if they could get on top of the air in the hallways that would be great.

On a side note garage door seems to be working this afternoon, much slower then it used to be but atleast it closes.

Received my 30 day form response today in the mail.

How are chipped tiles on the bathroom wall not warranted? lol.....no defect in material could be indentified..

Did anyone replace their kitchen faucet? I only see a shutoff valve for the dishwasher, but not the kitchen faucet....

Did anyone replace their kitchen faucet? I only see a shutoff valve for the dishwasher, but not the kitchen faucet....

I changed my tap with this cheapy from Home Depot:

563738_10151503247638864_1553532733_n.jpg

I didn't know what I was doing but it was pretty easy. One thing you have to make sure is you have a BIG bucket ready. I thought when I shutoff the main water, and turned the taps on...that would clear most of the water out. NOPE!

After disconnecting the hot water, I swear water came pouring out at full speed for like 60 seconds. I thought only a bit would come out so I only had a tiny bucket ready. Luckily the garbage bin was right there so that saved me. :D

I also had to buy two adapters as the lines on the new tap had different connections.

Where did you shutoff the water from? I only see the shutoff valve for the dishwasher line under the sink. You would think they would install a shutoff valve for the sink under there too. They are only like $3 dollars. Is it the water valves in the laundry room?

Where did you shutoff the water from? I only see the shutoff valve for the dishwasher line under the sink. You would think they would install a shutoff valve for the sink under there too. They are only like $3 dollars. Is it the water valves in the laundry room?

Yeah, the one in the laundry room behind the plastic plate thing is the master shut-off.

You would think they would have a shutoff under the sink...
That's probably why it ran for a while after you turned it off, it's coming all the way from the laundry room.

Didn't notice that plastic plate even came off.... was wondering why that was there before haha

Thanks! Bought a new faucet, going to try it tomorrow. Yours looks good. I bought one of those commercial style ones with the rings on it.

Last edited:

Back