Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Hey Asmegin,

Did any of the issues you brought forward during your PDI get resolved? I'm wondering if they'll fix the things I mentioned prior to move in next week.

I get my keys of April 23rd! Not too long now. Haven't officially booked my PDI yet though. :(

I get my keys on the 23rd as well and also haven't booked my PDI. My guess is that it'll take place sometime late next week and that they'll be in touch soon :)

Sorry for the lack of pictures, been crazy busy. Will post some tonight...I hope

I re-sent the last mortgage letter for the occupancy, and it was fine.

My PDI items were fixed, but there are other problems I've found that need to be fixed (toilet runs constantly, dishwasher isn't secured so it tips forward etc). Gotta add those to my 30 day!

Here are some pics..

Building:
0.jpg

Directory (no names yet):
01.jpg

Main Entrance:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.JPG

Elevators:
5.jpg

Mailboxes:
6.jpg

Gym:
IMG_0031.jpg

Stairs to Underground:
IMG_0042.jpg

Lockers:
IMG_0043.jpg

Patio on 4th Floor:
IMG_0054.jpg

Hallway:
IMG_0056.jpg

Underground:
ug1.jpg

ug2.jpg

ug3.jpg

Sweet new toy that arrived today
ug4.jpg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 492
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 496
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 499
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 517
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 483
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 475
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0031.jpg
    IMG_0031.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 480
  • ug1.jpg
    ug1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 477
  • ug2.jpg
    ug2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 490
  • ug3.jpg
    ug3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 505
  • ug4.jpg
    ug4.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 468
I found out today that my HVAC isn't working. I didn't know because my suite stays at 20-22C without heat on :D. Checked it out with the site super but we couldn't figure it out. Gonna have to call the installer or Enbridge to come out and fix it..

Washer/Dryer work good. Pretty quiet, although the vibration can be heard a bit from outside the unit.

Soundproofing....doesn't seem so great. There is no one near me right now, but during the day I can hear mumbled voices in the next suite. Also the main doors to the units are garbage, basically no seal. Lets in light and sound.

Dishwasher was a pain to get going. They didn't even plug it in, so I had to pull it out (scratching tiles of course, no wheels on it) and plug it in. Then I had trouble with the water valve...but eventually got it going. Remember that all water valves are shut off when you move in (and dishwasher/fridge were unplugged). It would've been nice if someone went around the day before occupancy and got everything ready.

Balcony is tiny, but good enough IMO. Two chairs and a BBQ is all you need. Also the slope downwards is pretty big.

They installed a toilet paper roll and a 12" towel rack, which sucks. Going to have to patch up the holes when I put the new ones on.

Elevators are kinda funky right now. They break down sometimes, and the repairs guys seem to come every day.

Rogers internet is super slow. I get about 2Mbps down/4Mbps up. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the lines, because they couldn't get the Rogers phone service working (the guy tried for over an hour but there was a problem somewhere). TV (VIP w/ HD PVR) works perfect.

There was no information regarding Enbridge/Enersource. Like zzz suggested, I will likely call tomorrow or Thursday to see what's up.

I found out today that my HVAC isn't working. I didn't know because my suite stays at 20-22C without heat on :D. Checked it out with the site super but we couldn't figure it out. Gonna have to call the installer or Enbridge to come out and fix it..

Washer/Dryer work good. Pretty quiet, although the vibration can be heard a bit from outside the unit.

Soundproofing....doesn't seem so great. There is no one near me right now, but during the day I can hear mumbled voices in the next suite. Also the main doors to the units are garbage, basically no seal. Lets in light and sound.

Dishwasher was a pain to get going. They didn't even plug it in, so I had to pull it out (scratching tiles of course, no wheels on it) and plug it in. Then I had trouble with the water valve...but eventually got it going. Remember that all water valves are shut off when you move in (and dishwasher/fridge were unplugged). It would've been nice if someone went around the day before occupancy and got everything ready.

Balcony is tiny, but good enough IMO. Two chairs and a BBQ is all you need. Also the slope downwards is pretty big.

They installed a toilet paper roll and a 12" towel rack, which sucks. Going to have to patch up the holes when I put the new ones on.

Elevators are kinda funky right now. They break down sometimes, and the repairs guys seem to come every day.

Rogers internet is super slow. I get about 2Mbps down/4Mbps up. I'm guessing there is something wrong with the lines, because they couldn't get the Rogers phone service working (the guy tried for over an hour but there was a problem somewhere). TV (VIP w/ HD PVR) works perfect.

There was no information regarding Enbridge/Enersource. Like zzz suggested, I will likely call tomorrow or Thursday to see what's up.

Lol oh man... thanks for the update. Keep us posted (as always).

Lol oh man... thanks for the update. Keep us posted (as always).

Update on the utilities...

Called Enbridge. Vandyk didn't set up the account properly so no gas service. They need the meter ID# and the current reading, which I don't have access to. Gonna have to called the site manager in a bit. She also mentioned they probably didn't do anyones correctly, so likely no one has gas service right now.

Called Enersource. Vandyk was supposed to send in some application or something, or at least get me to fill one out. They said to ask them about it, because they can't create an account over the phone.

The joys of being first!! ;)

Update on the utilities...

Called Enbridge. Vandyk didn't set up the account properly so no gas service. They need the meter ID# and the current reading, which I don't have access to. Gonna have to called the site manager in a bit. She also mentioned they probably didn't do anyones correctly, so likely no one has gas service right now.

Called Enersource. Vandyk was supposed to send in some application or something, or at least get me to fill one out. They said to ask them about it, because they can't create an account over the phone.

The joys of being first!! ;)

haha well keep up the good work. I hope everything will be running smoothly in due time (aka when I move in) :cool:.

It looks pretty good in the pictures, but if stuff like the hvac and elevators aren't working properly and the soundproofing isn't good, then thats a concern.

I don't know why we need an account for Enbridge. What are we using that's natural gas powered? Is this just for the rental of the water heater?

Last edited:
It looks pretty good in the pictures, but if stuff like the hvac and elevators aren't working properly and the soundproofing isn't good, then thats a concern.

I don't know why we need an account for Enbridge. What are we using that's natural gas powered? Is this just for the rental of the water heater?

BBQ line!
The water heater might also belong to them .

Hopefully the water heater belongs to them, I don't want to deal with an overpriced energy retailer company.

I have a home theater system, if you can hear talking in the next suite, then the whole hallway would hear me. Not good lol.

When did you find out your parking space? Occupancy day? Are there any spots in-between two pillars or on a corner? I think those would be the best to obtain.

Last edited:

The HVAC/Elevators are just kinks, they'll get fixed soon. There was mention about the dust being the problem with the elevators as they have to keep cleaning the tracks.

The HVAC unit uses natural gas, as well as the BBQ line. The tankless water heater is electric.

Also, I got a home theatre too. I bought foam risers for the two front towers and sub (which I'll probably have to keep off)...but not sure how much that will help. I will probably give my number to my neighbours and the unit under me so they can let me know if I'm too loud.

Unit was clean upon move in. They have a cleaning team that goes around in the late afternoon.

When did you find out your parking space? Occupancy day? Are there any spots in-between two pillars or on a corner? I think those would be the best to obtain.

I found out my spot when I signed the documents with the lawyers. It seems they were assigned at random as I was the only one moved in and my spot is really far from the elevators haha. Don't remember seeing any single spots between pillars. Mostly 2-3 spots together.

Here is a video from this morning, see if you can see any:

[video=youtube;Pj_5oaZvs94]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj_5oaZvs94[/video]

Back