Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

Hi Everyone, I'm on the fourth floor (north end) and my occupancy date is April 30. I have to agree with Asmegin, "No stress! Can't wait!"

Am I really the first to move in? I'm gonna have the whole building to myself?? Awesome! Hahah

Anyone else book PDIs yet?

I also got a call from Rogers about the free 6 months service. The guy was just looking for general info about the occupancy dates etc. He said he would email me closer to the date with more information. I told him I didn't want their crappy internet or telephone service but I'll take the free VIP TV :D

I was wondering about that rogers certificate for 6 months free. I am currently off contract for internet, cancelled cable last month and cell phone contract is ending soon.

I don't want to sign a new contract to get internet at a discounted rate, so free internet for 6 months would be sweet.

Asmegin, when you see your unit, can you ask them, if the owners are allowed to get the keys one day BEFORE so we can paint the unit. This is one concern I have. You and I are one week apart in the occupancy. My occupancy is March 25, and I didn't get a call yet.

Last edited:
Will do, although I'm fairly certain no developer would let you in before occupancy. They give the keys to your lawyer I believe, and not directly to you.

Hi Everyone,

It looks like Vandyk has posted a few more pictures on their Facebook page of another unit, here they are just in case you didn't see them.

544052_492637324115448_842843787_n.jpg

hallway.jpg

Attachments

• 544052_492637324115448_842843787_n.jpg
    544052_492637324115448_842843787_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 268
  • hallway.jpg
    hallway.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
I dropped by the area on my way to work....I saw the GOEMANS truck....That must be a good thing....I also noticed the parking lot was full of cars. They must be a good thing too.

What could you possibly do with the space shown in that second photo? Wedge in a twin sized bed which you would have to crawl over to get to the other side of the "room"?

So it's dreadful on both the outside and inside.

The "Haters" comment made me chuckle. At first I assumed you have some financial investment in this project, but then I concluded it not likely that some one who would respond with "Haters... Haters" would be old enough to afford a mortgage. Maybe I assume too much? If you did buy a unit, I'm sorry!

I was going to ask my lawyer this, as i've heard its been possible with some other condo developers.

Do you guys think Vandyk would be willing to let us pay them more of the balance of the purchase price on or prior to our occupancy date? This way, depending on how long we have occupancy fees for, we would be saving in occupancy fees, since the bulk of it is calculated on the outstanding amount of your purchase price.

I'm going through this process for the first time so I know very little, but I highly doubt they would let you add more to your down payment for the interim occupancy. It would be a pain to have a ton of people (up to 180) paying varying amounts just to lower their occupancy fees. I can maybe see them accepting the full amount only...but portions...??

Ask your lawyer for sure though, maybe they can work something out!

Back