Park 570 (VanDyk) - Real Estate -

So here are my whines of the week. NOTE - I still enjoy living here, am happy and satisfied overall with my choice. I'm just providing some criticism which I believe can be valuable for some moving in, or those currently living there to get some of this stuff resolved.

Without further ado:

1) garbage disposal - pretty ridiculous that they expect us to bring all our garbage out in the rain, and through mud puddles to toss it out. I'm gonna harass them a little bit to accelerate the process of getting the garbage chutes ready. People have been living here for 4 weeks now.

2) buzzer/intercom - why hasn't this been configured yet? I need to go downstairs every time someone comes over to let them in

3) elevators - constantly crapping out. One or both of them are not working every other day. I've seen the elevator repair guy in there multiple times.

4) the cracks in the doors!!!!!!!!! won't revisit this one. everyone knows how i feel about this haha

5) can now hear people in adjacent unit (guessing they recently moved in ) - even when they're just talking... i guess the sound abatement isn't too good. Not much can be done about this - just an FYI.

1. Garbage thing - I agree. This is the garbage situation right now:

IMG_0142.jpg

Bit of a joke! They bring in these small bins, which are filled immediately by all the crap on the ground, and then leave them there for 2-3 days. When I moved in, they had a LARGE bin near the front door, which was usually replaced daily. Now there are more people living in the building, not to mention the construction workers, and we all share these tiny bins?? I checked out the garbage room in the parking garage the other day. The diverter machine is in and looks ready, but the floor is dug up for plumbing for some reason. This should've been done a month ago....crazyness. I hate holding my garbage because it's not going to do any good just dumping it on the ground.

2. Annoying. Names should be added as we move in.

3. Yup! Annoying having to walk up the stairs with groceries. They've been breaking down since day 1 and have a lot of problems.

4. Cracks are annoying - has anyone done anything yet to help the problem??

Ooooh one last thing - Asmegin, I'm looking to you specifically.

You mentioned something was F-ed with the Rogers internet. I think I've encountered the same issue. I'm not sure if it's the same one - let me know what exactly yours was and if it was resolved. It seems like the internet connection cuts out every few minutes (actually seems like every 30-45 seconds). I'm using the same modem and computers I did prior to move in, so it's definitely the rogers connection/configuration. I've noticed when downloading something the speeds are very fast as expected ~3000kbps... then suddenly drop down to zero for about 5-6 seconds, then come back up again.... and drop again after 30 seconds or so, etc. When streaming video from Youtube it loads quickly for the first chunk of the clip then suddenly stops loading, and once the video gets to that point it stops playing, or starts cutting out as it slowly loads again.

When doing a speedtest, everything seems normal... (it may not have cut out during the test)...

either way, is this the same/similar issue you/anyone else has been experiencing? Let me know!

I don't have that problem at all - I get full speed 24/7. Might be something wrong with your wiring/modem etc. Make sure the modem is plugged into the -3.5db outlet on the splitter, and the TV/phone connected to the -7db. You could also log into the modem's interface and check the line stats, see if you're getting errors. Might be a bad cable etc. Just let Rogers know, they're in the building daily and will send someone over to replace whatever is broken.

Attachments

• IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 297
Wow, the garbage area looks horrible at the moment. One dumpster for 180 units doesn't seem like enough. The area seems kind of tiny too. The wood structure over it makes it look a bit better, but wouldn't it be hard for the garbage truck to pickup the dumpster?

Even if the garbage chutes aren't working right now, they should probably have the smaller dumpsters in the garage so people can throw their stuff away indoors.

For the cracks in the door, I am probably going to weather strip at least the side with the biggest gap in it. Instead of those little rubber circle door stoppers, they should have just applied one long rubber strip.

Also, for that wood piece at the bottom of our doors, is that temporary or what? Will a metal one be placed over it or something? It doesn't look very good and it has no caulking between it and the last tile, I can see debris in the space.

Last edited:
Wow, the garbage area looks horrible at the moment. One dumpster for 180 units doesn't seem like enough. The area seems kind of tiny too. The wood structure over it makes it look a bit better, but wouldn't it be hard for the garbage truck to pickup the dumpster?

Even if the garbage chutes aren't working right now, they should probably have the smaller dumpsters in the garage so people can throw their stuff away indoors.

For the cracks in the door, I am probably going to weather strip at least the side with the biggest gap in it. Instead of those little rubber circle door stoppers, they should have just applied one long rubber strip.

Also, for that wood piece at the bottom of our doors, is that temporary or what? Will a metal one be placed over it or something? It doesn't look very good and it has no caulking between it and the last tile, I can see debris in the space.

Garbage chutes issue - some people have been tossing their garbage in the garage (there have been some piles there the last few days where the guys in the garage are working). I may join in on the fun. When it rains there's no way I'm going to be walking through rain/mud to toss a small kitchen garbage bag.

Crack in Door - I bitched to the vandyk project supervisor - he told me to put it on my 30 day list and they'd have a look at it and measure the gap. might as well give them a chance to fix it before i fuck around with it.

Hey Asmegin,

Was the mattress guy by the airport the one who you used :D? I found it off redflagdeals. They delivered mine today. Said they delivered to another guy already on my floor.
Mattress looks great.

Last edited:
I got the Kingsdown Devotion Christie. They were even able to match the boxspring! Now all I need is a bedframe lol. It looks huge just sitting there as it is, might just get a steel frame and buy a fancier headboard.

I got the Kingsdown Devotion Christie. They were even able to match the boxspring! Now all I need is a bedframe lol. It looks huge just sitting there as it is, might just get a steel frame and buy a fancier headboard.

I just bought a steel frame from Mike and got a cheapo headboard, looks decent.

I just submitted by 30 day Tarion Form. Only 12 items, mostly for the horrible paint job.

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0155.jpg
    IMG_0155.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0159.jpg
    IMG_0159.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 280
Gym equipment loaded in last night. I peaked inside but didn't go in, but it looks like it should be done for this weekend. Don't know if it will be 'open' right away though.

The standard equipment you'd expect (couple ellipticals and treadmills, medicine balls, an adjustable bench etc). The ellipticals are commercial grade (Octane 3700 - $4-5K each)...so that's good. I didn't see any free weights but they must have some as there is the bench (Body Solid SFID325 Pro Club-Line Flat / Incline / Decline Bench). I don't expect any serious equipment like squat racks, barbells/plates - probably get dumbbells at the most.

Don't they have carpeting in the gym room at the moment? Should be changed over to rubberized flooring.
Hopefully they bring in some free weights.

Don't they have carpeting in the gym room at the moment? Should be changed over to rubberized flooring.
Hopefully they bring in some free weights.

yeah, i noticed that too... carpet in a gym... :S
agree on all comments.

The gym is still not open yet. Once it's open, they will change their lock so we can all have access with our entrance key. I went inside today to see the equipment. The room looks nothing like the animated video. It just feels so small.

As for the garbage, I find it hard too taking out the trash, as I don't like leaving lots of garbage in my house and the outside was full. There was a time when I couldnt find the garbage bin at the front, and I had garbage in my house for some days.
IT's going to take time till 80% occupancy.

I come home really at night and I count cars, and I really don't see that many cars. I expect at least 50-60 cars.
I really hate the way the roof looks in the garage. Why bag material?

According to the Vandyk FB page, they are 50% occupied but when I talked to Victor (new site super) today, he said only around 50 units have moved in.

Also by bag material I'm assuming you mean the insulation/vapour barrier on the portions of the ceiling with the building above it? Be thankful for that, or you'd have cold feet in winter ;)

Back