Panorama Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

how can u guys have ur pdi in march when all the glass hasnt even gone up yet? concords running full steam on this project. wonder what the rush is.

It is my understanding that when the PDI gets done, all common areas are not fully finished yet and from March 19th until Interim closing there is more than two months. I am sure that is sufficient time to get all the glasses in. Frankly I would rather have them do it faster instead of them taking their time. Usually the lower floors (IE. my unit) move in before the whole building is completely done anyways.

how can u guys have ur pdi in march when all the glass hasnt even gone up yet? concords running full steam on this project. wonder what the rush is.

Are you talking about the cladding at the very top of the building? From what I've seen while driving past it on the Gardiner, the building has had glass on it for awhile and you can even see some of the finishes inside when the contractors leave the lights on.

It is my understanding that when the PDI gets done, all common areas are not fully finished yet and from March 19th until Interim closing there is more than two months. I am sure that is sufficient time to get all the glasses in. Frankly I would rather have them do it faster instead of them taking their time. Usually the lower floors (IE. my unit) move in before the whole building is completely done anyways.

Did someone from Concord contact you for your PDI? Also, out of curiosity, what floor is your unit on? might be the reason why I haven't been contacted yet as PDI bookings have not yet reached my floor?

I have yet to receive a call after receiving my package. I haven't went into much detail in the package, but I gather that someone is supposed to contact me.

Also, I was going over the PDI checklist, and under the heading "Mechanical Ventilation", how does one go about check this:

"Make sure you understand how to achieve proper ventilation in order to avoid condensation problems"

and under "Electrical System" (not sure if its applicable since its a condo):

"Your new home must be equipped with ground fault and arc fault circuit interrupters "

Thanks,
S.

Some one from Concord did contact us to setup an appointment. Our unit is on the 6th floor, not sure how they do the appointment but I am guessing for the lower floors is going to take longer to do the PDI since there are more units per floor. Once they get to the tower, they should go through them very fast. In regards to the ventilation, again I am guessing here, if you turn on the HVAC you should see and feel the air circulating, there has to be an out flow vent as well as a suction vent. The second part I think is the circuit breakers that each unit should have and should be working.

and under "Electrical System" (not sure if its applicable since its a condo):

"Your new home must be equipped with ground fault and arc fault circuit interrupters "

Thanks,
S.

Yes it's applicable. The Ground Fault interrupter (or GFI) refers to the plug you see in the bathroom that has a test button on it. If you have more than one bathroom, likely only one of them will have a GFI, the other(s) will have regular plugs. This is normal. If you trip the GFI by pushing test, then that plug plus those in any other bathrooms should not be working until you hit the reset button.
The arc fault is done with breakers and controls the plugs in your bedrooms only. These will be one or more breakers in your panel with a test button on them.

I forgot to mention that you should have at least one GFI above your kitchen counter (the one closest to your sink).

Has anyone done their PDI? We are doing ours this week, just wondering if anyone has seen their unit and what the feed back is so far.

We don't have ours until April 22nd. But I am excited for yours tomorrow. Looking forward to those pics!

So finally did the PDI today. Things look very good, regular stuff, chip paints, some gaps around the corners by the window on the floor, bump on the ceiling nothing major except the fact that the upgrade was not done. Our fridge had to be integrated and they just gave us a regular fridge. That was not the worst part, the inspector was trying to tell us that this was what our upgrade bought us. Nonetheless after a trip back to the sales office and a talk with reps, we finally figured it out and will be changed... at least we hope. But it looks awesome, EllisDon has done a very good clean job. Even all the hallways were already done. So now we have to wait for the move in. Took some pictures, but I have shrink them before I can put them on here.
Over all, the Den was much bigger than we anticipated, the bathrooms and the kitchen look and feel fantastic and they even have put 3 electrical boxes on the ceiling if we wish to add more light which I hear others charge arm and a leg for, everything was very well placed. My only concerns are the bedroom which is way too small (9X9) and the carpet in there which looks ultra cheap, but I can change that no problem.
kitchen.jpg
kitchen_living_dining.jpg
den.jpg
bathroom2.jpg
kitchenliving.jpg
bedroom.jpg
bathroom1.jpg
livingdining.jpg

Attachments

• kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 950
  • kitchen_living_dining.jpg
    kitchen_living_dining.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 903
  • den.jpg
    den.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 920
  • bathroom2.jpg
    bathroom2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 885
  • kitchenliving.jpg
    kitchenliving.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 895
  • bedroom.jpg
    bedroom.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 921
  • bathroom1.jpg
    bathroom1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 905
  • livingdining.jpg
    livingdining.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 891
Hey, the finishes look really nice. I'm liking that kitchen. Yes, the bedroom looks really small and I'm not a fan of that carpeting. The carpet can easily be changed at a later date anyways. Concord stepped it up with this one.

Back