Panorama Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

legal ... i believe the allowable limit is 5% variance.

how did you measure?
i hope you didn't calculate your space by adding the individual room sizes?
unfortunately, most suites here have some sort of angle so it's not as simple as measuring the full length x the full width.

I had done the measurements knowing it would be an approximation considering the angular nature of the wall in the living room and had accounted for that but the difference between 672sqft and actual 550sqft is quite a bit of discrepency.

After reading your message I did the same measurements too. Except I know my measuremnts are accurate since I do this type of thing for a living. The advertised area and actual living area are apparently different as the area is calculated from exterior wall to exterior wall or centerline of wall between units (half of the thickness of the wall).

I calculated that the ACTUAL living space for our unit is 127 sq ft smaller than advertised. Apparently 127 sq ft goes into walls which I find hard to imagine but it's plausible.

The Concord contract though states that the actual living area may be different from advertised based on structural elements like shear walls and columns. Basically they state in the booklet of a contract. I'm going to contact Concord anyway but I think this would be a losing battle. Not too happy though so far at Concord since it feels like false advertising. Usually listings are for living space (e.g. Unfinished basement of a house doesn't count towards the living area).

Agreed,

I'm relieved that your findings confirm that I'm not crazy but at the same time dissappointed in concord's misleading tactics. Let me know the response you recieve from customer care as I will be doing the same.

S.

The problem is the Concord documents doesn't indicate 2% or 5%. It's pretty open-ended. (if anyone can find it that'd be good though).

I asked some architects the typical dimension of the concrete wall separating units. Apparently it's probably 8" thick. The side with the big windows does not count towards lost space due to the wall since there is no 8" wall there.

The actual value (2 or 5%, but simuls is probably correct with 2%) is documented with Tarion, which is what the developer has to follow.

Regarding the 8" wall thicknesses, don't forget the finished interior wall which is probably another 4" resulting from 2x4 (maybe 2x2) stud/steel frame + drywall.

One can safely assume the actual usable space will be 8% less than stated SF.

cdr108, the 8" is the divider between units which is reinforced concrete with paint on top (no drywall). It's essentially paint on concrete. So it's 8" without steel frame + drywall. Interior walls are framed walls so those ones would be 2 to 4" thick.

I am not sure but the bathtub is a good scale to use to measure the floor plan.

Does anyone know when we will start getting mails? My mailbox is empty but I know I have mails coming from home/car insurance.

Does anyone know when we will start getting mails? My mailbox is empty but I know I have mails coming from home/car insurance.

I have called the post office 3 times within the last month. It seems like they are waiting for one person to come and test the lock, I don't understand why this one person takes so long. Anyways, finally I asked them to tell me where my mail is to go pick it up myself, since it seems like they are not capable of delivering due to their lazy attitude. I was told that our mail is being held at 600 Commissioner Rd. (Leslie and Lakeshore) and if you go there with ID they will give you the mail. I have not had a chance to go there as of yet, but will be going there today and will let you know if I was able to get it.

Update... Went to building at 600 Commissioner, we can pick up our mail there but they are only open from 6:00 AM until 1:00 PM. Otherwise you can call Canada post, get mail holdings phone number and ask to speak to Station B supervisor. They can make arrangement for you to pick it up at later time (at least that is what I was told by the employee who was still there at 6:00.)

Last edited:
I will call the post office as well and try to bring it to someone's attention who can resolve the problem.

More importantly I found another problem when I came back from work. I felt it when I left for work this morning but I thought it was my shoes and I was in a hurry. Apparently the floor area near my front door popped out. I think the earthquake yesterday caused the floor to pop out. I have been here for over a month and the floor was fine until now.

Hi guys,

Is anyone using the TELUS internet? How are the speeds like and what is the monthly charge? Do we sign a contract?

I called them this week but they are closed until after G8/G20. I was otherwise thinking of calling Rogers.

Thanks.

Telus is good. The internet speed is fast and rarely lose connection. You may have to reset the connection every once in awhile but it's easy to do.

There should be a promotion like a free wireless router, or discount for a few months, etc.
As a new occupant, they offer 1 month free trial I think. There's no trottling or bandwidth limits. There's no contract and it's $50/month. If you need tech support, they're nearby on front st. They have an office there just to provide support for city place residents.

Sorry for replying late.

I called Canada Post on Friday and I went to 600 Comissioners but I found out they were closed. Canada Post told me it was 5 pm that they close. I called them back and told them that the building's lock has been fixed two weeks ago. According to the Panorama security, several e-mails from Ellis Don (the contractor) were sent to Canada Post but no one has come to verify that the lock works from Canada Post. I reported this to Canada Post and was forwarded to a manager who then put in an e-mail on my request to a senior level manager. I should be receiving a call Monday morning about this.

Here's the interesting thing. According to Canada Post, the computer system indicates that all mail should be held at 600 Commissioners until further notice. On Monday, I hope to have this situation sorted out by dealing with Canada Post.

Now for the internet. We're going with Rogers. We're actually getting 3 months free from Rogers. With the Express package, you get 10 Mbps download speed and if you're with Rogers for phone or tv, you can bundle and the savings start to add up. I figured that with internet and cellphone, I'm getting basic cable for free. And with the 3 months free, the HD box is basically free too. Seems to be the best deal out there with the most value (on condition that you're with Rogers).

I will call the post office as well and try to bring it to someone's attention who can resolve the problem.

More importantly I found another problem when I came back from work. I felt it when I left for work this morning but I thought it was my shoes and I was in a hurry. Apparently the floor area near my front door popped out. I think the earthquake yesterday caused the floor to pop out. I have been here for over a month and the floor was fine until now.

I saw this happen on another person's unit several weeks ago already. It's just poor workmanship. They didn't leave enough room along the edges to account for expansion of the walls. Just note it on your 30 day warranty and have them fix it.

Deos anybody know when will be the final clsoing for panaroma . Last time the builder told me it could be end of July.

I called Canada Post on Friday and let them know the situation. I received a callback today and someone will come back to check the mail room that it's good to go. Unfortunately I was told it will take approximately 2 weeks after the check.

As for my floor, I handed my 30 days warranty a couple of weeks ago. I advised the property manager and she is having someone to fix the matter.

I haven't heard anything about final closing but I'm thinking maybe September. Of course the sooner the better.

Back