News   Aug 16, 2024
 114     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 548     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 731     1 

Ouch, $90 to see the Chinese Lanterns at Ontario Place?!

I agree, the cost is too high. I don't mind if they have it every year, but it needs to be more reasonably priced. Although, as long as they keep getting people coming I guess it is reasonably priced as far as they're concerned.

The new Disney logo suggests to me that the ROM wants its new image to be a museum for the kiddies.

A serious museum.
rom_logo.gif

Somewhere to take the kiddies for an afternoon.
rom_logo.gif

And the irony is (if we're to take Toronto Life at its word), William Thorsell's intentions were the reverse...

We took our family to Storybook Gardens in London, ON today. Total cost, $40 for gas, $25 for family admission, $5 for ride tickets, zero cost for parking, and we packed a lunch. Total of $70. And, Storybook Gardens has everything a kid could want, from a fantastic waterpark, pirate ships, live seals (as opposed to bludgeoned ones), rides and other animals. Plus it was really pleasant for the parents, with ornate gardens, nice walking trails. I know the lantern festival is for a different crowd, but if I've got little kids and $90 to spend, I'm going to Storybook instead, and coming back with change.

Haven't seen the lanterns at night, but they looked appropriately tacky in broad daylight yesterday, when the gay UT posse did our annual Junk Food Tour of the Ex.

Back