News   Apr 24, 2024
 956     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Ottawa Transit Developments

Sadly, I will lose my bet for Ottawa launching before Waterloo. But happy to see that they are close. Construction should be done by Christmas. And hopefully testing goes well enough in Jan for a launch in Feb.

Sadly, I will lose my bet for Ottawa launching before Waterloo. But happy to see that they are close. Construction should be done by Christmas. And hopefully testing goes well enough in Jan for a launch in Feb.
Waterloo has been testing forever. Will Ottawa do all the testing in just a couple of months?

Waterloo has been testing forever. Will Ottawa do all the testing in just a couple of months?

Ottawa has also been testing for months. And I believe they only have one vehicle left to be delivered....if it hasn't already. The final deliverable is supposed to be 12 days of continuous operational testing with no major hiccups. It's supposed to simulate real service. That's what I am referring to them conducting in January.

Ottawa has also been testing for months. And I believe they only have one vehicle left to be delivered....if it hasn't already. The final deliverable is supposed to be 12 days of continuous operational testing with no major hiccups. It's supposed to simulate real service. That's what I am referring to them conducting in January.
Huh, while there are tons of Waterloo ION testing videos, I have yet to see one of Ottawa...

Huh, while there are tons of Waterloo ION testing videos, I have yet to see one of Ottawa...
I posted a number back in Aug that I shot and up on Youtube, but here

IIRC all 34 vehicles have been assembled except the last 2 are still missing some computer modules that were lost.

The confederation line certainly stretches the definition of light rail, if it weren't for the vehicles themselves there would be no debate about it being a metro.

It'll also beat several "real metros" in ridership, it will be slightly ahead of LA's red and purple lines, and well ahead of Miami's Metrorail, and almost 3 times the ridership of the Sheppard Subway. It will of course be far behind the YUS line, but not bad for a region of 1.4 million

Meanwhile in Ottawa it's handover day... Oh right....

CBC.ca: Getting there: Signs of O-Train progress all around.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-confederation-line-lrt-progress-photos-1.4870615

confederation-line-under-construction-stop-queen-street-at-lyon-street-n-oct-31-2018.JPG

I like that the O-Train has its own logo that sets it apart from the rest of the transit system. It makes it really easy to find a station, especially if you're not familiar with the city. Toronto seems like one of the few cities that doesn't do that.

confederation-line-under-construction-stop-queen-street-at-lyon-street-n-oct-31-2018.JPG

I like that the O-Train has its own logo that sets it apart from the rest of the transit system. It makes it really easy to find a station, especially if you're not familiar with the city. Toronto seems like one of the few cities that doesn't do that.

Guess you haven't noticed them. From link.

ttc_testing_newsigns.jpeg

Back