News   Oct 04, 2024
 153     0 
News   Oct 04, 2024
 415     0 
News   Oct 03, 2024
 911     0 

Ontario Northland/Northern Ontario Transportation

Update on Northlander prep. They are grubbing out the alignment for the CN-to-ONR connecting track in North Bay. This is from the current end-of-track on the CN Newmarket Sub at Old Callander Rd. looking north along the former CN ROW. Off in the distance they will be building a connecting track to the ONR northbound. This will eliminate the need for the train to trundle through the yard.

1727987807283.jpeg

Update on Northlander prep. They are grubbing out the alignment for the CN-to-ONR connecting track in North Bay. This is from the current end-of-track on the CN Newmarket Sub at Old Callander Rd. looking north along the former CN ROW. Off in the distance they will be building a connecting track to the ONR northbound. This will eliminate the need for the train to trundle through the yard.

View attachment 601261
Like a yard run around track?

View attachment 601261
I thought they had that when the Newmarket Sub kept going to the old CN station

I thought they had that when the Newmarket Sub kept going to the old CN station
They did, but CN abandoned it in the mid-1990s. Rail was still in place north of Old Callander Rd. probably to near where the diamond was but it was badly overgrown and unusable. If any of the old connecting track still exists it would be unusable as well. Seeing as ONR put out the tender for this job, I assume it is now their property.

They did, but CN abandoned it in the mid-1990s. Rail was still in place north of Old Callander Rd. probably to near where the diamond was but it was badly overgrown and unusable. If any of the old connecting track still exists it would be unusable as well. Seeing as ONR put out the tender for this job, I assume it is now their property.
Now it makes sense.

Back