News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 637     0 

Ont Gov't building at 880 Bay, at Grosvenor St (ORC, 44s?, WZMH)

The Province isn't that quick to strike real estate assets from their books. This is next to their main office campus too. I wouldn't count on it over the next 50 years. They aren't that hard pressed to make 10? 20? more? millions of dollars.

It will be used as a staging area for what will be a massive and complicated construction project next door, so one can expect the land will be worth quite a bit more than its presumably already substantial present value in a decade or so.

It will be used as a staging area for what will be a massive and complicated construction project next door, so one can expect the land will be worth quite a bit more than its presumably already substantial present value in a decade or so.

Unfortunately, the province declared many of their Bay Street sites here surplus and sold them off when they were worthless 20 years ago. This one is too well positioned for future considerations to sell it for what amounts to pennies just for the 2017 deficit. Stranger things have happen and I'm sure I'll be reminded if AG's hail mary pass is caught. I don't play that way.

Today.
IMG_3039.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3039.JPG
    IMG_3039.JPG
    872.7 KB · Views: 481
What is the "900 Bay renovation project" for which this lot would be the staging ground cited earlier in this string? There's no discrete entry for "900 Bay" in the Buildings forum. For those living in Toronto and have on-the-ground intel, please help an outsider. Thanks!

Back