News   Apr 18, 2024
 688     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.1K     2 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 2.4K     4 

OneCity Plan

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that the Sun is written by gorillas, for gorillas. Their broken logic and thought process is so obvious, that no creature which has evolved to human levels could possibly think like this. Same goes for anyone who takes their articles at face value.

Even a forum troll couldn't write crap so ludicrous.

Last edited:
Great plan overall and really sticks it to Ford and co. who give true conservatives a bad name. Some thoughts:

1) Regarding the Etobicoke/Airport and Scarborough Express lines, the TTC will apparently be running the lines, but will they be utilizing subways or GO transit style trains?

2) The Don Mills Express subway should continue along Queen west of Yonge. I'm not familiar with the exact ridership numbers, but surely the Queen streetcar could use a viable, higher capacity replacement. Additionally, what is the purpose of continuing the line north of Eglinton as an LRT? Why not just keep it as a subway beyond this point?

3) Bloor-Danforth: great that it will be extended north of Kennedy, however, why not try to extend the line west past Kipling and through Sherway and into Mississauga? Is the underlying goal of such infrastructure not to promote greater inter-modal transportation networks?

So now subways are good enough for Scarborough after we told by these jokers Stintz and De Baeremaeker that "we cant afford subways" and "Scarborough doesn’t need subways"....can't wait to clear the council of these self serving clowns

What does bringing the subway to Rocesvalles have to do with the WW LRT? The WW LRT will be south of Queen St

I'm not quite sure what straws you're grasping at here, but the WW LRT is being designed for South Etobicoke. What ridership exists south of Queen St, basically until you hit Strachan? None.

it doesn't need a subway running to another subway, when it would be faster to go a different way to get downtown (where the majority of subway trips are taken) that different way is what is now being upgraded to subway. just because they serve the same general area, does not mean in any way they serve similar purposes...

So now subways are good enough for Scarborough after we told by these jokers Stintz and De Baeremaeker that "we cant afford subways" and "Scarborough doesn’t need subways"....can't wait to clear the council of these self serving clowns

They never said we couldn't afford subways. What they said was that building a subway along Sheppard East didn't make sense.

Scarborough needs 1 subway right now: a connection between Kennedy and STC. Anything else at this point isn't justifiable. And a subway from Kennedy to STC is exactly what Scarborough is getting.

Looking at http://onecitytransitplan.com
However, after serving the residents of Scarborough for 27 years, 44,000 riders a day, the vehicles have reached the end of their useful life.
Really? TTC numbers show a ridership of 39,320. Both these numbers are lower than what the Sheppard Subway has currently.
The projected ridership of the Scarborough Subway is 125,000 riders per day /38.9 million per year
All I can find for Sheppard are peak numbers 7800ppd and 9500ppd (up to 12.5k with faster service) with a the extension to Downsview. These should be comparable numbers and if you justify ridership for one you cannot ignore the other.

Is McCowan and Sheppard a high density area? I believe that extension to Sheppard is to have a connection to the SELRT. Thus, most people north of 401 will require a transfer anyways to get on the new subway.

I always thought stopping the subway at STC is a better solution. Then have an LRT follow the currently planned SRT corridor from Malvern to STC and Midland (not the railway corridor portion). This would re-use a couple of kilometres of existing infrastructure instead of abandoning it. I haven't figured out yet if this should end at Midland, or continue on Ellesmere to Don Mills Road, or somehow go back up north to Sheppard on Kennedy or Vic Park.

I live in the area, and no, i dont consider McCowan and Sheppard to be a dense area (though mccowan in that stretch can get busy traffic wise).

I don't rightly care where the subway ends, as long as there is a stop at STC.

All I can find for Sheppard are peak numbers 7800ppd and 9500ppd (up to 12.5k with faster service) with a the extension to Downsview. These should be comparable numbers and if you justify ridership for one you cannot ignore the other.

Umm no. They're two completely different subways, serving two different trip patterns. Your logic makes about as much sense as "well Bloor-Danforth has a ridership of this, therefore Eglinton should be about the same".

I live in the area, and no, i dont consider McCowan and Sheppard to be a dense area (though mccowan in that stretch can get busy traffic wise).

I don't rightly care where the subway ends, as long as there is a stop at STC.

Ending it at Sheppard makes sense, because then you have a direct transfer between B-D and the SELRT. You also potentially have more room for a proper terminal station there than you would at STC. Everything from east Scarborough will funnel into STC, everything from northern Scarborough (and some parts of Markham) will funnel to Sheppard-McCowan.

Last edited:
680 news has a poll up on their website, claiming that taxes will go up by $180 a year for 30 years for this, while in reality it is $45 a year for 4 years.. LOL

http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/377450--ttc-proposes-using-property-taxes-to-fund-30b-onecity-transit-plan
As much as I hate quoting The Sun: "The owner of an average home would pay around $180 a year for the next 30 years, Stintz confirmed." The four years is when the new tax gets phased in.

Back