One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Phase II Info Session & Colour and Finish Slections Appointment

Really developing quickly! Looks a nice addition in Etobicoke!

Hey everyone, I received a letter in the mail indicating that there will be an Information Session on January 24, 2012 (by invitation) and also that my Colour and Finish Selections appointment is scheduled for February 1, 2013. I'm on the 17th floor. Anyone else receive the letter?

Yikes! I think there are two units on my floor 19, that are not completed and there are some on the very low floors that I don't think are completed either. Also, totally random but I noticed, that we didnt get any thank you or welcome baskets or even a letter to say thank you at all. It was like they just took our mortgage money and pretty much said screw you. Not a great first impression. The building is starting to look much better, but I must say the workmanship in the hallways is very slopppy, scratches and paint chipped already.

We are the very lowest of floors, we are a townhouse connected to the condo tower. We bought in September and were given a firm occupancy date at that time. They delayed us from Dec 10 to 20, which wasn't a big issue, then when I called them on Dec 17th to ask when our PDI was that was when they told me they weren't going to have it ready in time, but couldn't give us a date. It wasn't just some finishing that needed to be done either, 3 days before we were set to occupy we still didn't have walls or floors, so it wasn't just a small delay. They have never issued a letter delaying us from Dec 20 to our lawyers, we actually had to advise our lawyers and mortgage broker ourselves as they were ready to go with our mortgage in 3 days, in turn our lawyer was the one that advised their lawyer we were delayed as well, their lawyer was still set to close us on Dec 20 because Edilcan didn't advise them we weren't. Very frustrating and about the worst experience we could have buying our first home. So we still sit and wait, for at least something in the way of communciation from the builder, and I keep delaying all of my furniture deliveries week by week and living out of a suitcase.....

We are the very lowest of floors, we are a townhouse connected to the condo tower. We bought in September and were given a firm occupancy date at that time. They delayed us from Dec 10 to 20, which wasn't a big issue, then when I called them on Dec 17th to ask when our PDI was that was when they told me they weren't going to have it ready in time, but couldn't give us a date. It wasn't just some finishing that needed to be done either, 3 days before we were set to occupy we still didn't have walls or floors, so it wasn't just a small delay. They have never issued a letter delaying us from Dec 20 to our lawyers, we actually had to advise our lawyers and mortgage broker ourselves as they were ready to go with our mortgage in 3 days, in turn our lawyer was the one that advised their lawyer we were delayed as well, their lawyer was still set to close us on Dec 20 because Edilcan didn't advise them we weren't. Very frustrating and about the worst experience we could have buying our first home. So we still sit and wait, for at least something in the way of communciation from the builder, and I keep delaying all of my furniture deliveries week by week and living out of a suitcase.....

Sorry to hear that. When reading some posts in this forum, you're not the only one. i don't expect townhouse owners will face this issue because townhouses are built before the condo towers. I would expect finishes would be done ahead of time. Now it's Jan already. Did you get your PDI or are you still waiting for that? I wish you did. I think Edilcan should do better jobs before they send out a letter announcing any occupancy dates. Don't make use feel happy and in the end you find out that's not truth. Just wonder if this also happens to other developers?

good sign?!

Hey everyone, I received a letter in the mail indicating that there will be an Information Session on January 24, 2012 (by invitation) and also that my Colour and Finish Selections appointment is scheduled for February 1, 2013. I'm on the 17th floor. Anyone else receive the letter?

I also received that mail. It's nice there's an info session before you actually do our colour selection. not sure if other developers would do the same thing.

JoePeppe, actually there's another forum about One Valhalla. That one you will find out more what happened in the past from other purchasers than this one.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...ndos-(Edilcan-Development)-Real-Estate/page29

Come and take a look.

I received my letter as well. My appointment is not until March 14th so I guess they are going in order of floors (I'm on the 29th). I believe everyone from the 15th floor down has already made their selections.

ere are some new pic taken today of phase II
IMG_0469.jpg
IMG_0470.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0474.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 279
Yikes! I think there are two units on my floor 19, that are not completed and there are some on the very low floors that I don't think are completed either. Also, totally random but I noticed, that we didnt get any thank you or welcome baskets or even a letter to say thank you at all. It was like they just took our mortgage money and pretty much said screw you. Not a great first impression. The building is starting to look much better, but I must say the workmanship in the hallways is very slopppy, scratches and paint chipped already.

I agree there are some very bad details that need to be fixed on some floors. Overall things look good on the outside but you can tell they tried to rush a lot. Hope they go over these things and correct them because these little details make a difference.

On another note to shorty and Ana and whoever else moved in...have any of you guys had problems with the thermostats and heating in your units? My problem is the heat never seems to go DOWN to what I want it. No matter what setting I put it on it constantly stays at 23 degrees and higher?? I've tried contacting Andre about this but that guy is like non existent when it comes to responding back.

In terms of deficiencies..how have they been handled for you guys? do you still have a big list or are they knocking them all out now?

Wow, that is crazzzzy...sorry to hear about your situation. Any luck hearing from Edilcan about your townhome? That is very unprofessional of them to not get back to you.

I agree there are some very bad details that need to be fixed on some floors. Overall things look good on the outside but you can tell they tried to rush a lot. Hope they go over these things and correct them because these little details make a difference.

On another note to shorty and Ana and whoever else moved in...have any of you guys had problems with the thermostats and heating in your units? My problem is the heat never seems to go DOWN to what I want it. No matter what setting I put it on it constantly stays at 23 degrees and higher?? I've tried contacting Andre about this but that guy is like non existent when it comes to responding back.

In terms of deficiencies..how have they been handled for you guys? do you still have a big list or are they knocking them all out now?

I noticed that too with the thermostat..i think the building controls the heat in the winter, thats why it wont go lower than 23 degrees. When I want it to get colder, I just turn it off and let the unit cool it self down. Try that..it may help. Also, for deficiencies..my major ones were handled..the small ones are still outstanding. However, I am doubtful they will return to rectify the remaining issues especially now that they have our mortgage money. I am just surprised that after almost 3 months, not ONE of the ammenities is ready..thats just rediculous. The gym atleast should be up and running..The shuttle also is not ready and I was told it would be ready this month.

From the brochure, it lists "State of the art, high speed internet connectivity in every suite" as a feature. Can someone elaborate what this is?

Shorty, I finally saw the shuttle bus parked in front of the building this morning. They are testing it out this week and it should be up and running next week. It will be going to Kipling from Monday to Friday (mornings and evenings) and to Sherway on Weekneds. Schedules will be given out next week as well. I am planning to use it to the max!

I noticed that too with the thermostat..i think the building controls the heat in the winter, thats why it wont go lower than 23 degrees. When I want it to get colder, I just turn it off and let the unit cool it self down. Try that..it may help. Also, for deficiencies..my major ones were handled..the small ones are still outstanding. However, I am doubtful they will return to rectify the remaining issues especially now that they have our mortgage money. I am just surprised that after almost 3 months, not ONE of the ammenities is ready..thats just rediculous. The gym atleast should be up and running..The shuttle also is not ready and I was told it would be ready this month.

Hi, I know that in our building there is definately no free high speed internet connectivity in every suite. If anything, they will probably just set it up in the lobby and lounge areas. That's how its usually done in other buildings.

From the brochure, it lists "State of the art, high speed internet connectivity in every suite" as a feature. Can someone elaborate what this is?

It basically means that all rooms are wired for high speed internet. However, you will still need an internet service provider (Rogers etc.) in order to use the connection.

Shorty, I finally saw the shuttle bus parked in front of the building this morning. They are testing it out this week and it should be up and running next week. It will be going to Kipling from Monday to Friday (mornings and evenings) and to Sherway on Weekneds. Schedules will be given out next week as well. I am planning to use it to the max!

Oh great! I am tired of taking the TTC! was the shuttle in front of the building? or the back entrance?

I think it will be parked in front of the building. I followed up again this weekend and now they are saying that it will start on Feb 1st. I just hope the schedule works well and that it's offered during rush hours.

Oh great! I am tired of taking the TTC! was the shuttle in front of the building? or the back entrance?

Back