One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Sorry to bombard the thread today, everyone, but I have another question: What about hydro? Obviously the units have hydro at this point, but are we required to change it into our own names, and if so, when? Ana, since you're already in, have you had to do this?

I think it is possible for the builder to push your date back, Rex, but not without penalty. Once a final occupancy date is set, they can delay, but they have to pay you a penalty based on the length of time you are kept out of the unit. Imagine you were living in an apartment and had already given notice to the landlord that you would be moving out on "x" date. Where would you go? The builder is responsible to cover the costs you would incur in the interim, including storage of your belongings and an alternate place to stay.

That's exactly what I was thinking and ill def bring this up to my lawyer. I thought that the date they gave me the last time was the absolute final and they wouldn't be able to break it without penalty. I'm lucky that I'm at home and not renting somehwhere because I'd be totally screwed right now like you were saying. We'll see what happens but I def won't let them off if its in my right to be compensated.

Hi, on your occupancy date, when you pick up your keys, you will be given an agreement from EnerCare to sign and fax. Once thats signed you will be required to setup an an account through www.enercare.ca website. I haven't done any of this as of yet. Should probably do it soon.

Sorry to bombard the thread today, everyone, but I have another question: What about hydro? Obviously the units have hydro at this point, but are we required to change it into our own names, and if so, when? Ana, since you're already in, have you had to do this?

really? then ill have to measure the sales office model suite and the actual unit and ill check these out. if that was true, then ill be damned. ill keep you posted (even that will take a while since i am getting keys at the end of this month). thanks for the heads-up, really appreciated, vegabond. :)

Yes measure it.. I think 9, 8.6, or 8 ft ceilings all have shorter backsplashes. Check out photos on Kijiji of people who advertise 9ft ceilings and you will see the the backsplash height is 4 tiles.. sales office models have 5 tiles.. 2+ inces really make a difference. I guess it was cheaper for them to add drywall than tiles.

so laywer called me and warned me that developer might push my date later than move-in, since unit is not ready. he also said builder will compensate me with such delays, and will be agreed on move in date between me and the developer. laywer also said that if i decide to stay in hotel, builder will reimburse the hotel stay costs, and as well if I have the stuff , I have right to rent the self-storage to put stuff there and builder will have to reimburse the self-storage costs and as well movers from self-storage to Valhalla.

Hi Vagabond21,

I think the ceiling height DOES play a role here, since the cupboard height does not change, and the size of the bulkhead also does not change. The only variable would be the distance between the counter top and the base of the upper cabinets. Hope this helps.

Like I said.. check Kijiji and photos of condos with 9ft ceiling condos in phase one.. shorter backsplash for sure than the model suites by 2.5 inches.

Yes measure it.. I think 9, 8.6, or 8 ft ceilings all have shorter backsplashes. Check out photos on Kijiji of people who advertise 9ft ceilings and you will see the the backsplash height is 4 tiles.. sales office models have 5 tiles.. 2+ inces really make a difference. I guess it was cheaper for them to add drywall than tiles.

so 8' ceiling is on floors 5 to 12, 8'-6" on floors 3, 4, 13 to 19 and 9' on floors 20 to 22. your right 2" makes a big difference - but will have to look into sales office model suite and what is really their height. if they extended drywall, instead of tiles, ill be damned as extension of bulk heads is a waste of space which developer should minimize space as possible. will find out soon this week.

Like I said.. check Kijiji and photos of condos with 9ft ceiling condos in phase one.. shorter backsplash for sure than the model suites by 2.5 inches.

and by the way, please know that people might advertise wrong info on ceiling heights... they are just advertising false info to lure renters into valhalla, and that i do not understand. like i said, ill find out.

hey, thanks for the response - seems occupancy fee is realistic in my opinion. i have not heard anything back from laywer but he told me hes crunching numbers and will let me know shortly. yeah i paid standard 20%, instead of 5%... so ill keep you updated on what i got so far. thanks once again shorty! :) i assume you got keys to valhalla?? and how is it going so far with you?

Its going great so far! I moved in fully today, so far so good. i think I am the only person on my floor. The only thing that sucks is that visitors parking access is not ready at the concierge desk so I had to walk down stairs and use my fob to let my visitors in. Kinda sucks...but manageable temporarily.

Its going great so far! I moved in fully today, so far so good. i think I am the only person on my floor. The only thing that sucks is that visitors parking access is not ready at the concierge desk so I had to walk down stairs and use my fob to let my visitors in. Kinda sucks...but manageable temporarily.

That's awesome shorty...how did your move go? everything smooth? what are the inner halls and lobbly looking like? I went there a couple of weeks ago and everything was still looking pretty ruff.

Hi, on your occupancy date, when you pick up your keys, you will be given an agreement from EnerCare to sign and fax. Once thats signed you will be required to setup an an account through www.enercare.ca website. I haven't done any of this as of yet. Should probably do it soon.

Thanks for the info, Ana. I am picking up my keys tomorrow, so I will find out more about it then. I was secretly hoping that it would be one less bill to pay, but I guess I'm not that lucky. Lol.

Hi Ana,

One more question. I know that both you and shorty had some deficiencies in your units when you went for your PDI. When you were given the keys on your occupancy, were these deficiencies fixed or do they still have to take care of them?

On your PDI expect a complete disaster but on your Occupancy date your unit will look a lot better. LOL Sorry just trying to prepare you so you are not in a complete shock when you see your unit for the first time. No, not all items will be fixed. They are just swamped and cannot get it done on time. I have been trying to get them to fix the lock and install the dryer lint trap on my mom's unit for couple of weeks now and no luck. I guess I just have to be patient.

Hi Ana,

One more question. I know that both you and shorty had some deficiencies in your units when you went for your PDI. When you were given the keys on your occupancy, were these deficiencies fixed or do they still have to take care of them?

newsflash to everyone... my occupancy date (yes, a firm occupancy date) from november 27th, 2012 is now pushed to exactly one month later (dec 27th)! i do not understand this, and i am going to fight with developer for compensation over these days lost... i do not understand what is exactly going on! most likely, my PDI appointment will be cancelled for sure.

Are you serious?!! That's insane. Such a short notice!!!! OMG, I feel bad for people that are currently renting and are not in a position to handle these delays. There is absolutely no way that this can be allowed without compensation. I am pretty sure that that the builder is obligated to give either 90 or 120 days notice. Do fight for it! Make them pay! I am very curious how this will turn out. Such craziness!

newsflash to everyone... my occupancy date (yes, a firm occupancy date) from november 27th, 2012 is now pushed to exactly one month later (dec 27th)! i do not understand this, and i am going to fight with developer for compensation over these days lost... i do not understand what is exactly going on! most likely, my PDI appointment will be cancelled for sure.

Back