One Valhalla Towns And Condos (Edilcan Development) - Real Estate -

Hey, more question... Since wanna make sure we are all fair and are on same page! How much are you paying the occupancy fee for your unit, and what's your square footage count? And also for closing costs... How much did you pay knowing you are not the first home buyer, including land transfer taxes (both Ontario and Toronto)? Hope these asking is not much as am really curious to know if we are actually close to similarity. I am getting numbers from lawyer soon so would like to know before any surprises!

I am paying around $1146 for occupancy fee..And my square footage is 624 total including balcony. And for closing costs the builder wants the tarion fee upfront which was around $811 for me I think and the balance of rent for the month your moving in and the 12 post dated cheques for your occupancy fees. Keep in mind I only paid 5% deposit down so if you paid the standard 20%, your fee may be lower possibly. Also, I am a first time buyer so I am exempt from all those land transfer tax, I have no clue what the land transfer tax will be and even still, I think that will be paid at final not interim. I could be wrong though..

I just did my PDI on Friday, and there were many of the same issues. There were problems with the drywall all over the unit, and it seemed as though they are rushing so much to have the unit ready that they just did the work as quickly as possible. I also have a thermostat right in the middle of the wall, and that is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen. With a wall of windows all around, there is obviously only one place to mount a television, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the thermostat shouldn't be placed in the middle of the only available wall. So frustrating!!!!!

My kitchen island was missing the counter top, and the built in desk had yet to be installed. The edges of the island and the refrigerator surround had dings and scratches - whoever moved the island into the unit must have banged it around pretty good, damaging the existing woodwork that was already in the unit. No shower heads. No window cranks to open the windows. The screen door from the balcony was sitting in the living room. There was an unnecessary and empty receptacle cut into the wall in the guest bedroom, for what I have no idea, since there is already an electrical outlet and a cable outlet below on the same wall. It's a bit of a nightmare.

I am supposed to receive my keys on Wednesday, and I doubt that the unit will be ready. With all of that drywall repair required, I don't want to move my things in until it has all been repaired, otherwise there will be a lovely layer of drywall dust on everything that I own. Thank goodness I have two weeks before I have to move into the unit.

Hey Rex!

Yes, the short wall in front of the bedroom. I asked them to move it to the side where the light switch is. When I saw my unit the theromostat wasn't in yet. They only had the cut out where it was suppose to be, so I asked Andre (the customer service guy) why it was going to be placed there and he put in a request for it to be moved and added it to my deficiency list.

I just did my PDI on Friday, and there were many of the same issues. There were problems with the drywall all over the unit, and it seemed as though they are rushing so much to have the unit ready that they just did the work as quickly as possible. I also have a thermostat right in the middle of the wall, and that is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever seen. With a wall of windows all around, there is obviously only one place to mount a television, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that the thermostat shouldn't be placed in the middle of the only available wall. So frustrating!!!!!

My kitchen island was missing the counter top, and the built in desk had yet to be installed. The edges of the island and the refrigerator surround had dings and scratches - whoever moved the island into the unit must have banged it around pretty good, damaging the existing woodwork that was already in the unit. No shower heads. No window cranks to open the windows. The screen door from the balcony was sitting in the living room. There was an unnecessary and empty receptacle cut into the wall in the guest bedroom, for what I have no idea, since there is already an electrical outlet and a cable outlet below on the same wall. It's a bit of a nightmare.

I am supposed to receive my keys on Wednesday, and I doubt that the unit will be ready. With all of that drywall repair required, I don't want to move my things in until it has all been repaired, otherwise there will be a lovely layer of drywall dust on everything that I own. Thank goodness I have two weeks before I have to move into the unit.

Sorry to hear..

It looks like everyone seems to be having problems in their PDI's with overall craftsmanship and general sloppyness. Pretty disappointing but that's going to happen when things are being rushed. Are they just hoping people are BLIND in their PDI's and won't say anything?? seriously.

Well I got a letter AGAIN...and my move in has been pushed to early december now with no date for a PDI yet. As much as I'm frustrated about it being pushed ONCE AGAIN i'm hoping they can take their damn time and not just throw my unit together.

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum. I have purchased a unit in third phase.. checked out some photos of finished units that people have posted on Kijiji and I really don't like one thing.. the height of the backsplash in kitchens.. if you look at a photo of a finished unit from kijiji and a photo I took of the model unit they have at the sales office the difference in height is one backsplash tile.. probably 2 inches.. this really makes a difference.. I don't want to be cooking my microwave! :)

Let me try to post photos on here and you tell me what you think.
Kitchen1.JPG
20121101_162307.jpg

Attachments

• Kitchen1.JPG
    Kitchen1.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 422
  • 20121101_162307.jpg
    20121101_162307.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 405
I am paying around $1146 for occupancy fee..And my square footage is 624 total including balcony. And for closing costs the builder wants the tarion fee upfront which was around $811 for me I think and the balance of rent for the month your moving in and the 12 post dated cheques for your occupancy fees. Keep in mind I only paid 5% deposit down so if you paid the standard 20%, your fee may be lower possibly. Also, I am a first time buyer so I am exempt from all those land transfer tax, I have no clue what the land transfer tax will be and even still, I think that will be paid at final not interim. I could be wrong though..

hey, thanks for the response - seems occupancy fee is realistic in my opinion. i have not heard anything back from laywer but he told me hes crunching numbers and will let me know shortly. yeah i paid standard 20%, instead of 5%... so ill keep you updated on what i got so far. thanks once again shorty! :) i assume you got keys to valhalla?? and how is it going so far with you?

seems everyone has issues with thermostat location... that i will have to take a note on my PDI. i hope they resolve everything what you reported prior to moving in - but please do keep us posted in loop to see how far they did go. :( sorry to hear you are going thru this, but hopefully all comes to satisfaction upon your getting key day!

Sorry to hear..

It looks like everyone seems to be having problems in their PDI's with overall craftsmanship and general sloppyness. Pretty disappointing but that's going to happen when things are being rushed. Are they just hoping people are BLIND in their PDI's and won't say anything?? seriously.

Well I got a letter AGAIN...and my move in has been pushed to early december now with no date for a PDI yet. As much as I'm frustrated about it being pushed ONCE AGAIN i'm hoping they can take their damn time and not just throw my unit together.

Rex... they pushed your move-in date to early december? shouldnt be it final confirmation occupancy date be a final one and they cannot push these, unless you approved their delays?

Hello guys,

I am new to this forum. I have purchased a unit in third phase.. checked out some photos of finished units that people have posted on Kijiji and I really don't like one thing.. the height of the backsplash in kitchens.. if you look at a photo of a finished unit from kijiji and a photo I took of the model unit they have at the sales office the difference in height is one backsplash tile.. probably 2 inches.. this really makes a difference.. I don't want to be cooking my microwave! :)

Let me try to post photos on here and you tell me what you think.View attachment 9685View attachment 9686

vegabond... sales office model suite ceiling height differs from standard given ceiling height in condominium building suite. sales office ceiling height is 8-6", whereas the units below 13th floor, are sitting at 8-0", so that leaves one backsplash tile out. hope these helps in clearing out confusion! and by the way, congratulations in buying a unit on phase 3!

vegabond... sales office model suite ceiling height differs from standard given ceiling height in condominium building suite. sales office ceiling height is 8-6", whereas the units below 13th floor, are sitting at 8-0", so that leaves one backsplash tile out. hope these helps in clearing out confusion! and by the way, congratulations in buying a unit on phase 3!

See that does not play a role.. even if you had 9 foot ceilings this only gets added to the top above the cupboards..
Look at the model suite and there are about 3 inches between top of faucet and cupboards.. look at a model that has 9 foot ceilings in phase one and faucet is almost touching the cupboards.

Rex... they pushed your move-in date to early december? shouldnt be it final confirmation occupancy date be a final one and they cannot push these, unless you approved their delays?

Hi, that's what I thought as well and I contacted my lawyer today to see what rights I have according to the contract. His response was they're legally entitled to delay it again as they have until 2015 to give us final occupancy. Really sucks but at this point I just want them to finish. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

See that does not play a role.. even if you had 9 foot ceilings this only gets added to the top above the cupboards..
Look at the model suite and there are about 3 inches between top of faucet and cupboards.. look at a model that has 9 foot ceilings in phase one and faucet is almost touching the cupboards.

really? then ill have to measure the sales office model suite and the actual unit and ill check these out. if that was true, then ill be damned. ill keep you posted (even that will take a while since i am getting keys at the end of this month). thanks for the heads-up, really appreciated, vegabond. :)

Hi, that's what I thought as well and I contacted my lawyer today to see what rights I have according to the contract. His response was they're legally entitled to delay it again as they have until 2015 to give us final occupancy. Really sucks but at this point I just want them to finish. Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

no way, ill ask my lawyer on "if's" this week and ill let you know. i thought that final occupancy date, should not be pushed unless two parties agree on each others for another push dates with compensation given.

Hi Vagabond21,

I think the ceiling height DOES play a role here, since the cupboard height does not change, and the size of the bulkhead also does not change. The only variable would be the distance between the counter top and the base of the upper cabinets. Hope this helps.

no way, ill ask my lawyer on "if's" this week and ill let you know. i thought that final occupancy date, should not be pushed unless two parties agree on each others for another push dates with compensation given.

I think it is possible for the builder to push your date back, Rex, but not without penalty. Once a final occupancy date is set, they can delay, but they have to pay you a penalty based on the length of time you are kept out of the unit. Imagine you were living in an apartment and had already given notice to the landlord that you would be moving out on "x" date. Where would you go? The builder is responsible to cover the costs you would incur in the interim, including storage of your belongings and an alternate place to stay.

Thanks, Rex. I hope they can fix as many things as possible before I move in. Fingers are crossed!!

Sorry to hear..

Back